1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HUSKYLINER WeatherBEATER owners I got a ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by dustoff003, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've tried clips, no clips, carpet mats, no carpet mats.... doesn't make a difference.

I thought it was just my big self doing it but it does the same thing with my small wife driving as she's the primary driver.

2. samdaman

samdaman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I took my clips out of the floor carpet before I even opened the box from husky. If anything, I'm considering putting them back [glued to the bottom of the husky mats]. Here was my post from another thread [posted per request to consolidate]. Personally, from how they have behaved for me over 10 days or so, I can't see how they could stay in place without some additional restraint:

You're not the only one. I've had them for less than a week [in a 2011 - 5], and I can't keep the drivers mat from creeping forward either.

Yes, both with the initial install and every time I've pulled it back, I hook it under the seat bracket [which I can only do with the left side bracket -- the right bracket is too close to the console curve to allow the mat under it] -- but it just creeps out anyway. I've been pulling it back at least once a day.

I'm suspecting my shoes. I've seen at least one complaint that the huskys are 'slippery' under foot, but from what I experience, I can only guess those complaints are from folks with leather soles. I wear merrell mocs with aggressive full rubber soles, and even when wet, I would no-way call the huskys 'slippery' under these shoes. If anything, I can even use my shoes alone to 'pull back' the mat. But I'm not about to wear different shoes just to keep the mats in place!

Since these mats are so accurately fitted, I really wish husky would have included pins 'glued' or 'molded-in' to the bottom of the mat at the location of the holes in the carpet for the OEM retainer hooks. The OEM hooks come out easily -- at least in the 2011 and earlier -- and a pin shaped like the bottom pin of the OEM hook attached to the mat could easily snap into the carpet holes -- avoiding any forward slip.

I suspect I will be looking into doing some kind of a mod myself to attach pins to bottom of the mat. Worse comes to worst, I might even consider putting something through holes drilled in the mat with appropriate rubber and stainless washers to make a seal.

The mats are great -- the creep is not.

3. llopedogg

llopedogg New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Do you dance while your sitting in your seat?

4. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nope, I'm not even the primary driver, my wife is, and it happens equally to us. (and others as reported in these threads).

I buy mats like this for exactly the advertized reason: messy weather, snow, dirt, etc. I'm not crying or filing complaints about them or demanding a refund. Quite they opposite, they will do just fine, despite the movement but I wouldn't buy them again is all.

But if a post asks for opinions, I give my honest, real-world experience. Potential buyers should take my opinion as just one of many and make their own decision based on how they think the mats will perform for them and their needs.

5. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base