1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HV battery died today, where to get new OEM cells

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lunarkingdom, Jan 16, 2024.

1. lunarkingdom

lunarkingdom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK I just got the batteries installed and here is the 411 on what they do at hybrid to go, they did bring me genuine gen 4 cells that look brand new serial number on one of the cells is 266YNT 09908Z B5. The cage looked like it was almost new, I assume that they take the old packs and change the guts then re sticker them and call them new but I am just guessing. The computer inside had a Toyota sticker on it that said 89890-47080. It had a smaller hybrid to go label on it and it stated "NEW" on the top for new cells plus the date and the name of who put the pack together. The 2 guys that came removed the old one and installed the new one in about 20 minutes, no kidding. They had me start the car before putting the interior covers back on. I paid $2,687.50 with my debit card and the instructions were to drive it, so I did.

I took a round trip for 44 miles to a town nearby and back, had a little stop and go for lights but mostly was going 62mph. The best MPG I have ever had since owning the car since Jan 2003 on this drive was 39 MPG. Today I got 51.5 MPG!

I had an amazing experience with the installers as well as feel like I have a brand new car that works better than it did before. 100% happy so far, I will chime back in if anything changes but if not you know everything is just fine. Thanks for the input, if you are in the market for brand new gen 4 cells I would say Hybrid To Go comes highly recommended from me.

#21 lunarkingdom, Jan 18, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    donbright and Brian1954 like this.
  2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    So, on modules, the first 2 numbers are day of the month. Next single digit is the month, with xyz being October, November, December. Next letter is the year code. L is 2010 M is 2011, etc. So your modules were manufactured on 6/26/2023.

Your car likely had a 47090 or 47092 ecu. The 80 is an earlier model, but it shouldn't really matter. Car will run fine either way. Just a different engineering revision.

lunarkingdom likes this.
  3. ski.dive

ski.dive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm wondering if there are any Hybrid Shops in FLORIDA ,
    ***that is using Gen 4 cells on the Gen 2 Prius?

4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm pretty certain that any new Gen 2 HV battery you buy from Toyota is now assembled with the Gen 4 modules.