1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HV Battery Fan Comes On Anytime The Car Is In Motion

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by VoicesInMyHead, May 21, 2011.

1. herqulees

herqulees Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah that was a broad statement for me to say it's ALWAYS running. So under my observation majority of the time I'm driving if I listen for it I can hear the fan running. At a red light stopped I can't hear it, but if there's one of those people in the lane next to me trying to floor it ahead of me when the light turns green solely because I'm in a Prius... well that fan speed ramps up smoothly as I accell, then slows down once I'm at whatever speed I level out at. Lol

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. Maarten28

Maarten28 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In my experience the fan does not run most of the time. I have an app on my phone to show various states of the car and only when the battery pack is hot it wil come on. As it is around 40F here, it never comes on. Even though at these temperatures I think it would be a good idea to force more heat onto the battery by using the fan to blow more interior air over the battery.

3. mysticeyes

mysticeyes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm trying the Hybrid Assistant app in my car. It shows the temperature of the battery and also allows manual or automatic operation of the fan.