1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HV battery jumper wiring harness cover

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by TwoPriusInTenn, Sep 16, 2020.

1. TwoPriusInTenn

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Does anyone know where I might get a set of battery jumper wiring harness covers for a 1 gen (2002)?

Will another generation work? They were missing when we purchased the car.

Thank you.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had a Gen 1 for eight years and I am unsure what you're asking about here. Can you give a little more description?

3. TwoPriusInTenn

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Looking for the black plastic covers that clip onto the orange wiring harness inside the traction battery to cover the connections. I believe there are four in the set.

4. Josey

Josey Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Are we talking about these?
    [​IMG]

I've never torn down one of these batteries, but these were in the trunk of my '03 when I bought it used and they were a mystery to me. I think I did eventually figure out that they were supposed to be inside of the battery case, but it's not been relevant to me. This can't be a complete set. Looks like a half of one side and half of another. If these are useful and you were near me in VA I'd say just drop by and I'll give them to you. But I can send them to FL for a decent 12 pack-ish amount (you know, to cover S&H). Of course, as a partial set they're likely useless.