1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HV battery Kit Installers in Southern California

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by SandNerd, Mar 19, 2022.

1. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well I've done about 30+ of these myself, and I consider it back breaking work. Gen2 packs are a little easier to do as the case and mounting brackets are not as awkward as the Gen3 cars.

You can't really look at your 2 hours as what a shop can charge. A lot can go on at a shop for 2 hours. If they can't get $300-$500 to do this type of work, they won't even take it up. It won't even pay for their rent if they do work like this for less money

mr_guy_mann likes this.
  2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Uh, I really hate to be a party pooper but how will you keep the warranty if you pull the cells and send back the shell?

REVVL V+ 5G ?

3. SandNerd

SandNerd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There's risk for sure, but it's only a 1-year warranty. Reading around the interweb, I couldn't find anyone complaining about a new failed hybrid Toyota battery. Then again, there's surely some risk since this isn't a straightforward replacement.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yeah, i would not worry about warranty, nearly bulletproof

SandNerd likes this.
  5. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yep, if a shop isn't making money, then it's not a business, it's someone's hobby. Many shops won't perform work using customer parts without (large) adjustments to labor charges and warranty - if they'll do it at all.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.