1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HV Battery leaking cells?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by steve k., Nov 3, 2015.

1. steve k.

steve k. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My car was parked in the sun all the time. My wife has a 2007 Prius that sits in our garage most of the time. It would probably fare better since it is not, as far as the traction battery is concerned. I am waiting on the mechanics evaluation also, should know today hopefully. Skid Control ECU requires removal of the dash to get at it? If it is the drivetrain, I would think would be the most expensive item to repair.

bisco likes this.
  2. steve k.

steve k. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dealer is waiting on Toyota to give him the OK to install. Should know more today. Leaning towards a positive outcome, right now anyway?!

3. goldfinger

goldfinger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That might not be leakage but rather the act of electromigration of the steel's zinc coating in the presence humidity and electric stress.

4. steve k.

steve k. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Success! Toyota granted me a one time Goodwill HV battery replacement. I would like to thank all you gentlemen that pointed me in the right direction! 400.00 for installation is better than 3500.00 any day of the week. Thanks again!!!

5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wow great outcome, I didn't think they would do much since you opened up the case. But I guess they don't care about that