1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HV Battery Logging Blocks that indicate the lowest voltage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Todd Q, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Todd Q

Todd Q Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I am trying to determine if my battery is in good shape and am looking for advice here.

I am using the Torque App on and Android phone and it's logging feature.

The following charts indicate the battery cell number of the lowest reporting cell every second. I'll only include a few but they seem to be pretty consistent.

Any advice on other data to collect to provide a better picture on my battery and if I should consider a grid charger or replace cells before they go bad.

I am not sure how to post these any other way than images.

Thank you

Day 1
    upload_2016-4-14_13-16-32.png
    Day 2
    upload_2016-4-14_13-17-20.png
    Day 3
    upload_2016-4-14_13-17-57.png
    Day 4
    upload_2016-4-14_13-18-42.png

Thank you in advance for your input and expertise.

Attached Files:

2. S Keith

S Keith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    You need to add SoC, Battery Current, Min Block Voltage and Max block Voltage. I recommend do it while conducting the discharge test in my signature if your ambient temperatures is above 70°F. Even if it's not, it's still worthwhile, but the 9.5% multiple doesn't apply.

MinV block just means that block is the weakest. It may not be problematic even if it's consistent. Blocks near the middle of the pack frequently register as the min due to cooling issues.