1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HV Battery magically has a charge... How???

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by ThatOddMan, Dec 27, 2021.

1. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Are you using any OBD2 reader or OBD2 bluetooth with Hybrid Assistant or DrPrius apps to monitor what's going on with your Prius?

2. Wonder

Wonder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Omg it left the page and deleted every fu ing thing again. I give with this site. Screw it.
    PS don't accidentally touch the edge of your screen. You loose all your efforts.
    Ridiculous.

Attached Files:

3. Wonder

Wonder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Appearantly it kept the photos but not my words I typed.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you in the right thread?(n)

5. Wonder

Wonder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This was not a thread issue. This is a site issue. It's especially frustrating since my phone isn't typing well so it pushed me to state my issue in the thread I was attempting to comment on.
    I came back today to attempt it once again.

6. Wonder

Wonder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am so glad I copied what I wrote before attempting to add photos. When I chose to delete one photo it deleted everything. Still stressful though.

My comment:
    I am having this issue also and I do use the ODBll Bluetooth module. It has come to my attention while scanning for emf that this module is on when my car is not. I'm assuming that the reason I can't charge my phone when the car isn't running is its a toll on 12v battery. This module is consistently pulling a tiny bit of voltage. The two times I've experienced this I hadn't drove my car for 4 - 5 days. These are the codes that came with the issue. (See pics) I had my OBDll in continuous because it was easy access. These are also issued by insurance companies and courts have a breath analyzer all draw power of your system. One issue... the issue of the charge on your prius battery in my mind is the 12v battery is shorted to your car so it feeds the prius battery. I'm not sure if it's the obd that causes the short or possibly my 12v charger that makes one plug into 3 plus 2 USB jacks or if possibly there is one somewhere else. The charge on the prius battery is quite superficial and was used up driving a block away so it may be an issue that's within the computer when the battery is low.
    My first experience with this I had a trailer that I wired and had a light out. I assumed a short immediately, I fixed it and car returned to normal. Also I had a warning on dash that time. No pics. I was off grid and phone was dead.
    The second time I assumed the weakest point added to my system was the power splitter. I pulled it car returned to normal. But I had turned it off and attempted to restart to bring back ready light probably twice.
    By reading the other comments it may have been the restarting that returned it to normal.
    My conclusion is the power draw from the obd ll is the main issue there may be a short in a device or on car and I possibly may need to change my 12v in near future.

Also: Changing the 12v battery may resolve the problem for you right now but addressing the possible draw or short on you system is the real cause and will wear out any new batteries and possibly even you main Prius battery. My opinion based on my experience and the comments in this thread.

Attached Files:

#26 Wonder, Apr 15, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
  7. Wonder

Wonder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm having the issue also. Check out my comment here in this thread.

8. Wonder

Wonder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I had this issue. Check my experience in your comments thread.