1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HV battery vent "don't block sign"?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by SwhitePC, Mar 30, 2014.

1. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I'm just wondering does anyone make round/circular "do not block" stickers/vinyls for the HV battery vent under seat??? I want to probably get something to that effect in super bright in your face glow/pulsate in the dark sticker/vinyl to stick around that vent...so that "if" someone else other than me ever drive my C...they will hopefully have 2nd thoughts about blocking the vent.

It's just funny that Toyota should make a airbag warning sticker, but they left out a vent sticker for hybrid newbies...and no one else on the net seems to think about capitalizing on this, since some people do seem to forget to not block the vent and we see people come on every now and then to complain/troubleshoot about a overheating battery, when the culprit is a blocked hv battery vent?

2. RichJabo

RichJabo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There are numerous sites on line where you can create a custom sticker. Just search "custom stickers"

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    If you go to the UPS Store, they have Brother "P-Touch" machines that can make large labels for you.

I have a Brother "P-Touch" machine that makes one inch labels.

I made these to label the brake master cylinder reservoir and the inverter coolant tank in the engine compartment.

I actually paid less than $25 for a one inch PC connected machine at Staples, using their advertised discount and the 20% off "bag sale," just last month.

They are hoping that I buy the tapes at the store. 20% off retail is overpriced. I bought the tapes for nearly 50% off at Amazon.com

Attached Files:

4. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    A lot of sites only sell in bulk...and charge some crazy shipping ($10+) even for the lowest bulk amount (25)...so was just wondering if people have some pre-made, zzz

I was hoping to get something 4"x4" or so, but whatever...I guess I'll get creative with the leftover vinyl I have laying around, might not look pro, but it'll do

5. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Why would somebody else be driving your car?

Can't you give them a safety briefing before you hand over the keys?

6. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    technically yeah I can and I'll be driving it 99.99% of the time...but it's just a "what if" measure I want to take =P

7. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I used to what-if myself to death. There's no way you can live your life worrying about .5% stuff. Keep your trash and plastic bags policed and ensure others do as well.