1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HV Battery Warranty After Replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CA2006Pruis, May 29, 2010.

1. CA2006Pruis

CA2006Pruis New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :confused:My HV battery died. A replacement was installed and everything seems to be ok. Problem is that the service manager said I have a One Year warranty on the New Battery!
    Since the orginal battery didn't make it to 100K, it died at 80K, and it only lasted 4 years, does it mean I am out of luck should the New battery fail in 13 months?
    The Service manager also could not tell my why the battery failed. They did not conduct any test to see if the "computer" was working correctly.

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You are not out of luck, but you do need to dump this dealer.

3. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    A CA Prius battery is guaranteed for 10 years and 150,000 miles. Your new battery gets the remainder of that warranty.

JeffD

1 person likes this.
  4. PriusDrift

PriusDrift Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi Jeff,

I am having issues getting my Toyota dealership to honor their warranty on a new replacement hybrid battery that failed after 19k miles and 2.5 yrs. Do you have a source you could point me toward that holds Toyota's 8 yr/100k warranty for Priuses older than 2020 extends to new HV battery replacements installed by Toyota? I am hoping I am not totally screwed after the dealer telling me the new replacement only had a 1 yr warranty and thus is no longer valid.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    toyota has upped the warranty on replacement batteries to 3 years if installed by a dealer. call and ask for help, they might cover it

PriusDrift likes this.
  6. PriusDrift

PriusDrift Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Thank you for the info! I just found the memo for this change on PC, so I have written proof. PC is a life savor.

bisco likes this.