1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hv battery

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Supun, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Supun

Supun New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have problem in my 2012 car hv battery. My battery has a problem. I serviced the battery but error code is appier day by day. (Hv Battery pack replace code) Allways i am clear the check engine code and running. I want to know is that ok for 2 months. Beacase i don't have enough money to replace the battery now. Please help me if you know any thing about it. If code clear and running ike this is that problem for the engine?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What is the trouble code? If the battery is failing you may not be able to keep resetting for 2 months.
    There is now another less expensive alternative to a new Toyota battery. User @2k1Toaster has a kit of new cells that work well for less money if you are a diy type of person.

3. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You said you serviced the battery. How did you service it?
    Did you have thus problem before you allegedly serviced it? What are the things you serviced in that HV compartment?

If you could provide some answers, that would help you. But if not, the cheapest options for you to fix it, if its a HV battery problem, is to have it rebuilt. This won't cause you much. You just buy some fee good modules online, or here from some of the PC members that have got them, perform the routine cycles, and install on in the battery pack.

Another option would be, to get an alternative hybrid battery pack, for maybe $1800 or so, and you're done. I think there's someone on PC, that's making cylindrical shaped modules (pack) that you could put in your car.

Summary is, if your problem is from the battery, consider all the options above, and weigh your pocket.

Remember, the cheapest is to replace any of the modules that are weak. But you'd ha e to bear in mind that you might have to Br visiting the trunk almost yearly, or so.

Dzta

Prodigyplace likes this.
  4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good catch! I missed they had serviced the battery,
    Replacing any bad modules is not enough to properly service the battery. The pattern pack then needs to have the modules rebalanced. A Prolong reconditioning system from Hybrid Automotive is one good system. @jeff652 is pretty active here.
    The cylindrical cell kit is whet @2k1Toaster is selling. I believe the price is normally $1600 including US shipping. I do not know if he sells outside the US yet.

5. Supun

Supun New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. rosner

rosner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Did you do anything with the battery yet?