1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Assistant data interpretation needed

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Will Stewart, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Will Stewart

Will Stewart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am assisting my daughter with her purchase of a used 2014 Gen 3 at 106k miles. The general output from Dr. Prius looks ok, and the Full Battery Check (not the mode where one stomps on the brake and accelerator simultaneously for over a minute) returned all categories checking out.
    FullDiagnostic_2020-09-09_08-14-38.jpg

I then ran the HV Check in Hybrid Assistant, with screenshot and report attached (oops, cannot upload an html file). I think based on what I've read that it appears this battery is in fairly good shape for its age and mileage, though I'd like a confirmation that it is indeed. The difference at lowest discharge between the max V cell pair and the min V cell pair is 0.17V, which would put it in roughly the 90% acceptable range. However, the maximum difference within the entire data set is 0.27v, which would put it closer to 85% acceptable, if I am understanding this correctly.

Could one or more persons weigh in with their knowledge?

#1 Will Stewart, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i can't help with the battery, just a reminder about the egr circuit and head gasket.

all the best!(y)

Will Stewart likes this.
  3. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Looks healthy. I run the same app and the voltage differences are within .3v from highest to lowest cells on average. My last tank was 67.0 MPG driven 530 miles w/100 miles a day interval, take this info as-is.

Will Stewart and bisco like this.