1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Battery Codes, plus more

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by exxoff, Jul 7, 2022.

1. exxoff

exxoff New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I have a 2004 with 230k miles on it. I was driving last week and the red triangle, ABS, VCS lights came on. I continued driving to get to a safer location. About 5 mins later the brake light came on and started beeping. I was able to get into a parking lot. I sat for a bit and then limped all the way home. I had it scanned at an Advanced Auto Parts. The codes that came back were:
    C1241 - low battery positive voltage
    C1259 - HV system regenerative malfunction
    C1310 Malfunction HV system
    P0A80 - replace Hybrid Battery
    P3014 - Battery Block 4 becomes weak

I have decided to go ahead and get a refurbished hybrid battery but I am worried about the C1259 and C1310 codes. My questions is, will getting a new battery make those codes go away? Are they more than likely thrown because of the hybrid battery dying?
    Don't want to put $1500 into it to have an even more costly repair ahead.

2. printone2

printone2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Bump. How did this turn out?
    Stan

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are plenty of threads within these Gen 2 forums that cover these codes without the need to latch onto a dead thread. Search is your friend. Include the user name ChapmanF in your search to get quality information.