1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid battery is toast

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sigzephyr, Feb 1, 2016.

1. sigzephyr

sigzephyr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've just been informed that my Hybrid battery needs replacing. I'm not impressed, as my car is 6 months out of warranty, and when I asked this question at purchase, I was told this rarely happens.
    Well it's happened. Here in Australia I have been quoted $4500 to replace with a new one ot $2500 for reconditioned.
    As my car is worthless at the moment I guess I have to choose an option and sell at a loss.
    I have learned my lesson. Always sell while still in the warranty period. I won't be buying from Toyota again. I love my Prius, but they have not looked after me on this.

Prius iTech, 2007, 147,000 kms.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    understood. it's no fun being the guy who gets the bullet in russian roulette. it was a great experiment that failed. all the best with your next vehicle!(y)

3. ozmatt

ozmatt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    hi sorry to hear this happened to you, I picked up a couple cars in the last 6 months with dead batteries, I know its not what you want to hear but in reality 9 years for any battery is a good innings