1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Battery keeps failing?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by huntfishandtruck, Jan 16, 2017.

1. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the insight on how difficult it is to offer a quality rebuilt product, with or without a warranty.

Did you (or anyone else) have any input on the other two questions below?

2. TampaPrius.com

TampaPrius.com Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes it would help to grid charge/ balance a battery before installing however I assume Dorman/Cardone whoever would have done that prior to shipping it. It would be better to put the money into a good verified used or new pack instead of wasting money on a rebuilt re-manufactured pack.

Jeff''s Prolong package is a great tool. I have about a dozen of them and use them to balance my used packs before testing them and installing them in my or my customer cars. Once you have a failed pack it is too late to use the grid charger. It is for preserving and extending the life of a healthy pack. You can't revive the dead.

3. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This intrigues me........ retrofitted Gen 3 batteries???????????? Please do tell, if posted previously, I was sleeping.

4. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    AGREED! In most cases, low-mileage USED from a recycler (breaker) is WAY better than "rebuilt". Even a NEW off-shore POS part is generally better than a "rebuilt" part, even if "name brand".