1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid battery repair 04-16

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by prius repairs, Jan 3, 2020.

1. prius repairs

prius repairs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You guys with any hybrid battery issues or engine issues or dashboard issues, mostly anything, you guys should check out MC prius hybrid repairs. They’re located in San Jose but I believe they have a mobile service too. Their prices are great and they service is even better. Their great reviews on google is what got me interested in going to them, I’m glad I did

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Thank you for the blatantly obvious, trying to act not obvious, plug for your business............excellent first post.

PriusFruit and SFO like this.
  3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do they possess a California Bureau of Automotive Repair license?

Can only find their mobile service listed on the website, do they have a physical address?

Best to use a mechanic with a physical address, that way you might find them in the future. To be fair you could use the free diagnostic service, and have them quote a repair before price comparing elsewhere.
    Guessing this wasn't your Yelp review :

7/21/2019
    Way too expensive!!
    Why would we want to pay you over $400 for a repair that someone else will do for $180 and in half the time??
    Get a second or third estimate or you may get burned!
    By the way, just because i am a girl does not mean you can try to rip me off.

PriusFruit and bisco like this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    'our technicians are more than qualified to work on your car'

5. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Some days I almost feel sorry for these "new members" who do a quick fly-by to try to round up business.

They just don't know what they're getting into...

Looking at the website gives the impression of 2 "techs?" who swap modules in your driveway with no real test equipment to determine bad/weak modules. Anyone can use a multimeter to find a module that's 1.3 volts lower than the rest. What about the other 3 or 4 that are only 1000mAh capacity that are going to drop out in 3 months and put the owner right back where they started?

#5 TMR-JWAP, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020