1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Battery Replacement code P0A80 abnormal behaviour

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Randell, Sep 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Randell

Randell New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 3rd generation 2014 Toyota Prius and every so often the code P0A80 Hybrid Battery Replacement code keeps popping up ever so often! I have a obd2 scan tool so i reset the fault code in order for the hybrid system to function! when i perform a reset, it could be weeks till the fault code comes back up again, or it could be days! Time varies!

So I decided to scarp the hybrid battery and perform some checks on the cells! Every cell i got between 8.02 to 8.05 volts! so seemed like they were all good! then i decided to clean the links that connected the cells together and shine them up good! I also cleaned out the cooling fan for the battery!

Mounted everything up and started my car and everything was good for a while, but then it still keeps coming up!

Need help! anyone at all have suggestions based on this experience! would really appreciate some help!

2. DaneH5

DaneH5 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not sure about where you are , but a 2014 should have been in warranty for anything hybrid related upto 100K miles or more.

I think the android app torque pro with optional PIDs loaded for the prius will show more info on the HV battery for you.

How is your 12v battery?

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many miles/km on her? you have to test the cells under load with tech stream while driving.