1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Battery replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mbenatar, Mar 18, 2021.

1. mbenatar

mbenatar New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello. I am new to this forum.
    I am looking at purchasing a new hybrid battery from 2k1toaster for my wife's 05 2nd gen Prius. Error codes P0A80 Replace Battery pack, P3000 Battery control system, C1310 HV system malfunction. I am pretty confused and got all these codes from a repair shop. They want $3200 to do the install. We can't afford that at the moment but my wife desperately needs her car for work.

I have read many posts and have read many reviews. I am considering DYI. Is there any of danger electrocution? I am not a mechanic but do have mechanical skills. I am hoping that I can do the install without too much stress. What do you all think? Would really appreciate opinions.

mbenatar

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

3200 for an install is on the gouge side, maybe they meant a NEW battery (toyota OEM, or 2k1) and the installation? (still high though)

NorCal covers a fairly large area, which metroplex is closest. If you need help, or someone to install the 2k1toaster battery let me know.

FYI : your posts are being moderated until you posted five times.

bisco and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. mbenatar

mbenatar New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I am just below Grass Valley up in the foothills. I am going to purchase the battery today. And attempt to install it myself. I have watched a few Youtube videos. Lots of parts thats for sure.

Raytheeagle and SFO like this.
  4. mbenatar

mbenatar New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you have any idea what type of push pins are used? I would like to buy extras to replace any the I screw up.

5. donbright

donbright Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes. It's 200 volts DC that can push 100 amps. It is not like working on a gasoline engine or other traditional car stuff.

6. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    While that is very true, if you follow the installation guide to a T, following all the safety precautions, you should be able to install the parts without electrocuting yourself.