1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Battery system

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by PriusG8, Mar 23, 2023.

1. PriusG8

PriusG8 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Got the Check Hybrid System error messages a few times. 1st time I was able to drive in limp mode back home. Then found some video on youtube to pull the orange fuse in the rear to the hybrid battery and also unplug the main cable in the front fuse box. Was able to drive to some shop and have them check it out the first time. They weren't able to read any error code. Suggested I next time don't unplug anything that would reset the error code or get a scanner to read before doing the reset. I was able to drive for about 2 months then same error message showed again before I received my scanner so had to reset it to get to work. 3rd time about another 2 month of driving this time lost all power and had to cruise off the freeway then car wouldn't start. Tried to plug in the bluetooth scanner but had issue connecting. Dark and raining I had tried to reset and back on the road. Took to another shop and was not able to help since no error code. Advise what could it be? If it's really the hybrid battery would I be able to drive for about 2 months which is about 2K miles?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check the inverter pump and get the codes read. tech stream or prius compatible scanner