1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid battery voltage wire frame or loom/ harness

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by machinemanX-S.A., Oct 25, 2021.

1. machinemanX-S.A.

machinemanX-S.A. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    HV 2010 voltage sensor con.jpg 2010 HV wire harness sensor.jpg Have a burnt voltage harness connector on my electronic voltage sensor- to a crisp. The only replacement I see is Toy pn 82165-47040 for gen 2 which I am dubious as to ability to be made to work as it is opposite handed and I am not sure the orange connector is the same? I bought a used E-sensor off eBay, but was hoping for new bus bars and loom., but the dealer could not find a part number:- "NO3" which means not available! I see Amazon has bus bars and nuts, as well as eBay, but this is not useful without the wires.
    Why would Toyota make available the older harness, but not carry through to gen 3!
    Any recommendations on how to go about testing and repair of battery pack is useful and appreciated too. I am in Daytona Bch. Fl.
    I did not have the ability to read the codes after the burn-out. Just the ubiquitous 'check hybrid system' and no start. Just gave the local dealer $500 to confirm my suspected head gasket issue, and they came back with- "Can't find any reason for your preignition and coolant loss, recommend you get a new engine," please pay at the counter. lol, if it was not so personal. Replaced the head gasket myself and it ran well for a month. Now this!

#1 machinemanX-S.A., Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It does kind of disgust me that they had that part available for sale in Gen 1 and Gen 2 and made it unavailable for Gen 3.

I think there are some members here who have shops and may have the part available. I hope you hear from one.

3. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You might want to check online with those who "rebuild" packs.
    Also, you might want to give "Home - Tampa Hybrids Inc." a call.
    He might be able to get you one or point you in the right direction.

4. Brucetafer

Brucetafer Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Gen 2 and gen 3 plugs are not the same, not even close. the plug is physically smaller on the 3rd gen, and the pins are different.. the pinout is totally different as well. I have a gen 3 harness in the garage if you still need one.