1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hybrid battery water damage

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by jaegerd, Jul 6, 2011.

1. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A single drop of water would have to span a very great distance, even overall severe condensation should not short out anything.

2. donna wright

donna wright New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    III
    How are you making out with this?? We have a 2006 and now needs body shop man and a new battery due to WATER DAMAGE $6000- This is BS as it seems to be a flaw from TOYOTA- please let me know how you made out because this is impossible and we are dealing with this now....

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you have an 8 year old car with 250,000 miles, maybe it's time to trade in for a new one?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i forgot about this thread. unfortunately, the troll, err, i mean o/p never came back. troll on my friends...

5. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I hate to have to say this, but there are dealers who will tell you anything to get you to spend money. I can't explain why they are still in business, other than perhaps they have enough customers who don't recognize bad service or simply don't care if they're being fleeced.

Personally, I check out a dealer online before I give them any of my business. DealerRater and Google are good resources for this. Every dealer has their fair share of both good and bad reviews, but you can tell a lot about a dealer by reading those reviews.

Personally, I think Toyota should dump the dealers who give them a bad name, and put the dealerships up for bid to owners who can maintain an excellent reputation.

#65 GregP507, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    Robert Holt likes this.
  6. My590L

My590L Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    After reading through this thread, it doesn't seem like a definite source has been found. One possibility that I can think of is a water leak somewhere in the C-pillar area or above the rear hatch opening that is allowing water to get into this part of the car. You'd be surprised at how much body sealer is actually applied to these unibodies to keep them water tight. Some of the sealer is applied by robot; other areas are applied by a human using a hand wand. It just takes one area that is not completely covered in the right place to develop a water leak. I would take a hose on low and run it around the upper area of the rear hatch (with the hatch closed) and see if any water finds its way into the battery area.