1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HYBRID, ELECTRIC SURGE As gas prices rise, sales of more fuel-efficient vehicles increase

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by cwerdna, Apr 17, 2012.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hope this isn't a repost. Hope this helps counter the dubious Polk hybrid study crap.

HYBRID, ELECTRIC SURGE | As gas prices rise, sales of more fuel-efficient vehicles increase

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would rather an article saying

"Gas prices fall to crazy low levels, but people are still smart enough to buy hybrid and electrical vehicles"

1 person likes this.
  4. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The Polk article was the one in the newsmedia around here. Let's see if this article shows up, if at all.

5. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    And the results can be seen just by walking out your front door and walking or driving around town. At least here in Southern California, I have been seeing A LOT of brand new hybrids on the roads - especially the new Prius Liftback, with the fancy new tail lights (not that the previous tail lights aren't neat looking - it's just a different design).

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ^^^
    I see a decent # of hybrids on the road and a few '12 Priuses, but still, if you ever end up in my neck of the woods, I gotta take you around. You'll see an insane # of monstrosity class SUVs.

7. bdub

bdub New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've been noticing more and more Prii on the roads, but there still is a large contingent of huge trucks/SUV's around where I live.