Hybrid Interface 2013

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by NortTexSalv04Prius, Jun 9, 2013.

1. NortTexSalv04Prius

NortTexSalv04Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where or what is your status with your install
    I like if you could post some images of your setup with screenshots

2. PLUGER-IN

PLUGER-IN New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can i buy it. Price.
    Ready kit for installation.

3. jc.maquet

jc.maquet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    yes sure
    I have 4 pcb, up to now one member is interested
    I will send you a PM
    thanks

4. jc.maquet

jc.maquet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Another BMS2+ ready to be programmed

Attached Files:

Isaac Zachary likes this.
  5. Anap4An

Anap4An New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi i have also a interess in PCB or a kit.

6. LukUsc

LukUsc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi. Is the project still active and available?
    I understand correctly that your external BMS conquers the battery SOC value sent to the ECU relative to the actual state of charge, that's why it's possible to use energy from HV below 40%?

The software after turning on the BMS constantly sent the value of 99% to the ECU or the above actual SOC value by X%?

7. oldironman

oldironman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Plan├ętaire,

I found you are the pope in person in this matter:); The very reason to contact you.

My approach seem to be the same like yours: keep the P2 as a hybrid vehicle and use EV traction on short trips which became my driving profile anyway as a retired engineer. (grocery shopping:) For the rest I am equipped to drive 1900km without stopping.(Gas + LPG)
    The LPG tank took the room for the batteries, but I intend to install those in "suitecases" in the trunk, quickly connected, anchored and also removed if necessary.

Having been in electronics and computer science for decades, I am on a project to enhance my P2 with 4x18 LiFePO4 3.2V 30Ah (or 5x14 like your first approach) cells and looking for some already confirmed battery management system. I have been following (partly) discussions on PTC (in French) and Priuschat. I have also my idea how to handle the battery pack, but don't want to reinvent something that has been around and proved to be successful.

Is there any additional description on the BMS+ about its functions? How it handles the overcharge/overdischarge conditions, balancing, etc.?
    Is the BMS+ ou BMS2 layed out in any way to support 5x14 cells or could it be 4x18 cells? 30Ah instead of 20Ah?
    I downloaded the files from here, they give info about pcb, sch and parts list. They will be helpful. I understand this open sourced and for personal use. How about the programs in the microcontroller?

Thank you for giving me also a link to some documentation showing how to integrate the battery pack. The description on the cable diagram is fairly brief to avoid errors in high-voltage environement. Some pictures might help.
    Thank you in advance
    George