1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hybrid interfaces ( latest ) firmware versions

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by Flying White Dutchman, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    as topic title

--------------

Here are the codes to download to your CAN-view products:

In all cases, an update completely replaces what was there before so you do not need to keep track of revisions. For help on how to hook up the USB programming adapter for your particular CAN-view, click on the version in the left column for details. Then come back here to to download the codes you want. Just right click on any file name and select "SAVE TARGET AS" to download that file. (Note that loading the wrong code into any of your CAN-view processors will not cause damage, just won't work.)

NOTE: for both V3+ and V4+, if you also have a BMS+ then load the matching BLjul189 into it. For an explanation of new codes relating to BMS+ click here

The following codes are ONLY for the V3plus:

CAN=C3Dec051 VIDEO=V3apr298 IE=CIapr296 RELAY=R3mar138

C3Dec051 DTC fix and sends relay image to new BMS2

The following codes are Beta test for the V3plus:

CAN=C3feb052 VIDEO=V3apr298 IE=CIapr296 RELAY=R3mar138

On SETUP screen option "!DTC" now exists. If select YES then BMS screen has new button top left that does instant DTC clear for out-of-gas mode.

The folllowing codes are ONLY for the V4plus.

CAN=C4Dec051 VIDEO=V4may028 USB=U4jul019 RELAY=R4mar138

C4Dec051 DTC fix and sends relay image to new BMS2

The following codes are for the new BMS2. Note: BL codes are NOT interchangeable between original BMS+ and new BMS2.

BL=BL2dec1011 BR=BRapr029

The following codes are for the original BMS+.

BL=BLjul189 BR=BRapr029

The following code is for the Monitor+.

Apr new BM. If you have less than 4 packs then no change. If you have 2 Monitors for up to 6 packs then see new pack monitor description here

BM=BMapr1310

The folllowing codes are the last supported codes for those few V4s&V4+s that had the smart regulator monitor option installed. From this CAN version onwards, the B.Mon screen has been replaced by the PACKV screen.

CAN=C4dec168 VIDEO=V4may028 USB=U4oct228 RELAY=R4mar138

The following code is a test mode for BMS+ with Enginer. It does not increase spoofed SOC with throttle opening( in order to increase battery current to 40A at 99%) as the Enginer is not capable of this high current. By staying at 74% except in EV mode it allows full regen and stealth mode too.

BL=BLenginer

The following code is used in the BL micro part of BMS+ when you have a high voltage lithium pack engaged via a contactor during READY. The OEM pack no longer gets house-charged. Use the standard BR code in the 2nd micro.

BL=BLP4

For early CAN-views:

This code set is for earlier V3 CAN-views with the relay option for PHEV conversions. To make room for the relay code, some graphs were removed and the new MPG recording graph is not present in this version .

Both CAN and Video codes must be loaded, but the IE code has not changed.

CAN=RCsep067 VIDEO=PVjul297 IE=CIapr296

This is an alternative Beta test set of codes for owners with V3 relay options. It restores the MPG graphs, adds Manzanita Micro battery monitoring functions and replaces vertical graphs with horizontal graphs. It will NOT however work with V1 or V2 CAN-views.

You must load both CAN and Video codes, but the IE code has not changed.

CAN=NCsep067 VIDEO=NVjul097 IE=CIapr296

The following code set is for V1, 2 (and for V3 CAN-view owners who do NOT have the relay option). There are more graphs and an MPG recording graph is added.

You must load both CAN and Video codes, but the IE code has not changed.

CAN=SCsep067 VIDEO=SVjul097 IE=CIapr296

attached a ZIP file with all the versions as of 20 3 2012

EDIT
    anyone have the BLapr309.hex ?

Attached Files:

raffpoz and dave77 like this.
  2. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    new firmware on the site
    with a canview and BMS+ update with a PHEV end voltage of max 216 instead of max 210.

3. lopezjm2001

lopezjm2001 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Just noticed that Norm has updated the latest codes to have a wider end-voltage range of 195v to 235v for the lithium pack contactor method.

Yet he has not included a instant clearing of DTC beta code for Canview V4 ?

4. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    a i did post that but i was lost during transition to the new server.
    he did make a DTC button for you in a special code right?
    its better you ask question like this to him and posting it you have to hope he read it?

maybe he forgot it, he made this code just for a left home to it was kinda in a hurry i think.

you can send him a email about it but you have to wait to this weekend because he is not at home as for a know

i like this new code
    i am now driving at 219 volts end voltage so i use less SOC and have more battery life and also no trouble with the low voltage cells

EDIT
    o yes.. this new code is not only a wider range the SOC spoofing will also start slower not 10-15 volts but around 7 volts above set endvoltage
    here is some info on the site where i explains way.

5. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Could be that DTC clearing is a beta code for a dedicated person or group????????Hint...Hint...Hint
    Write a personal email to Norm with your question not this open forum about it.

6. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I did send an email to Norm some time ago. Got no response. I guess I must be the only V4 user using an ICE kill switch. I have forwarded the same email to him today I had already sent. Maybe he has forgotten or maybe there are technical issues that does not allow for this extra button.

7. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know he got some internet trouble a while ago
    And still not working great
    He is on a wireless link because home is a bit far from normal internet access if i am correct
    And during week time not home a lot
    So give him some time

-Htc Tapatalk

8. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I tried the new code today. Needed to download the new C4june022.hex, BLP5.hex codes. I drove to work and collected raw CANbus messages from my Canview V4 serial output. Raw data file and Excel files are zipped and attached. Maybe Norm can use the data. Graph also attached. After the initial warm up period the MPG was good. I set the BMSplus to 195v.

Attached Files:

9. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I just got an answer from Norm a few minutes ago. He will be starting the new code for instant DTC soon. He was waiting to see if any issues develope with the V3 code before doing V4.

dave77 likes this.
  10. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wy 195 thats way to low for your lithium?

-Htc Tapatalk

11. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Which voltage do you think I should be setting my end-point voltage to? I normally use my ICE kill switch so my BMSplus is not normally needed. All it does is set the modified SoC to 100% more often causing the Prius to draw more battery current and use less ICE according to Norms algorithm. I do not know anything about Norm's algorithm which sets the modified SoC so therefor I cannot see which end-point voltage setting is best.

12. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Faster than a bullet Norm has already installed the new code on his website for instant clearing of DTC for the Canview V4+ users. Thanks Norm.

C4june082.hex

13. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mm my post is gone?

Anyway
    The endvoltage is where the bmsplus will lette the prius go
    When you set 200 then at 200 you get.a low soc so the ice will start

If you want your cells not to drop below lets say 210 volts then your ending voltage is best set to 213
    This is with the new a123 code
    I have it set to 219

Your right about the oog mode
    For that you need nothing just a dtc clearer.
    When the pack is empty you cycle power and go back to hybride mode.
    Maybe you dont even need a soc spoofing or bmsplus for that?
    -Htc Tapatalk

14. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I think that the modified SoC is adjusted mostly just according to throttle position.
    I think that this was originally designed for use with additional NiMh battery packs which makes sense to have a endpoint voltage setting to protect the NiMH battery packs from being discharged below 40% SoC. However when you are using a separate BMS for a Lithium pack this part of the Canview of setting the endpoint voltage setting has become redundant. When using a Lifepo4 BMS your battery is depleted when the first cell reaches 2.5v. So maybe Norm could redesign his Canview for PHEV users who are using a Lifepo4 battery pack. Maybe he could have a button in the setup page - Misc. asking if using a Lithium pack. Instead of having a setting for endpoint voltage which has become redundant when using a Lifepo4 pack the screen space could be used to display "XX kms until battery pack is empty". How do you like that idea?

15. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    no dont like it
    if i understand you then with the BMS ( not bmsplus ) on the litium the bms will protect the litihum at low voltages where it wil disconnect your lithium pack?
    i want my pack to stay connected
    when driving and breaking i see better effcientie with the a123 ( somewhat depleted ) still connected then with it not.

i do like the KM to pack empty!! also when in OOG mode this would be helpfull

16. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    new firmware for the BMSx
    this time the SOC stays high until end voltage is reached.
    and not like normally it will drop soc down to the end voltage.
    at this point it wil stay in normal hybrid mode until voltage is 6 volts above set end voltage

link to new code for the bms+
    http://www.hybridinterfaces.ca/downloads/BLjun242.hex

and canview to control
    http://www.hybridinterfaces.ca/downloads/C4jun152.hex

--
    copy from website 28-12-2012
    ---
    Here are the codes to download to your CAN-view products:

In all cases, an update completely replaces what was there before so you do not need to keep track of revisions. For help on how to hook up the USB programming adapter for your particular CAN-view, click on the version in the left column for details. Then come back here to to download the codes you want. Just right click on any file name and select "SAVE TARGET AS" to download that file. (Note that loading the wrong code into any of your CAN-view processors will not cause damage, just won't work.)

NOTE: for both V3+ and V4+, if you also have a BMS+ then load the matching BLjul189 into it. For an explanation of new codes relating to BMS+ click here
    The following codes are ONLY for the V3plus:CAN=C3jun152 VIDEO=V3apr298 IE=CIapr296 RELAY=R3mar138

C3Dec051 DTC fix and sends relay image to new BMS2

On SETUP screen option "!DTC" now exists. If select YES then BMS screen has new button top left that does instant DTC clear for out-of-gas mode.

C3jun022 allows PHEV control from 195 to 236v with new BMS code

C3jun152 adds optional BMS algorithm selection (BMS update soon...)

The folllowing codes are ONLY for the V4plus. CAN=C4jun152 VIDEO=V4may028 USB=U4jul019 RELAY=R4mar138

C4jun022 allows PHEV control from 195 to 236v with new BMS code

C4jun082 on MISC SETUP screen option "clr DTC?" now exists. If select YES then BMS screen has new button top left that does instant DTC clear for out-of-gas mode.

C4jun152 adds optional BMS algorithm selection (BMS update soon...)

Click here for details on a new development for both BMS+ and BMS2 intended to maximize performance throughout the discharge of both Nimh and Lithium.
    The following codes are for the new BMS2. Note: BL codes are NOT interchangeable between original BMS+ and new BMS2.

jun012 adds internal J9 if closed will use curves more suited for A123 type cells, if open then no change from previous program.BL=BL2jun022 BR=BRapr029

The following codes are BETA for the original BMS+ . If you have loaded the latest V3+ or V4+ code above with the option to select old or new BMS+ algorithm, this code will accept this user selectio. Do nothing and the existing proven OLD code will be used. Choose NEW when you activate the instant DTC clear option and the BMS+ will now provide maximum assist right down to the ending voltage you have chosen rather than tapering off as you approach this voltage. It will then enter a mode like ORIG except holding at that chosen voltage rather than aiming for the standard Prius of ~222v. It will remain in this mode until any incidental regen causes pack voltage to increase more than 6v. Click here for details on this new development for both BMS+ and BMS2 intended to maximize performance throughout the discharge of both Nimh and Lithium.BL=BLjun242 BR=BRapr029

The following codes are for the original BMS+ allows PHEV control from 195 to 236v On power on, default is now 210v instead of 200v until it receives a CAN-view command with new user value.BL=BLjun022 BR=BRapr029

The following codes are alternatives for the original BMS+ allows PHEV control from 195 to 236v On power on, default is now 216v instead of 200v until it receives a CAN-view command with new user value. Main difference is the reported SOC changes under a controlled rate (as being used in Sweden) rather than immediately, so sudden voltage changes have less effect.BL=BLrate1 BR=BRapr029

The following code is a test mode for BMS+ with Enginer. It does not increase spoofed SOC with throttle opening( in order to increase battery current to 40A at 99%) as the Enginer is not capable of this high current. By staying at 74% except in EV mode it allows full regen and stealth mode too.BL=BLenginer

The following code is used in the BL micro part of BMS+ when you have a high voltage lithium pack engaged via a contactor during READY. The OEM pack no longer gets house-charged. Use the standard BR code in the 2nd micro. Allows a much wider 195 to 236v range of end-voltages. Beta versionBL=BLP5

The following code is for the Monitor+.

Apr new BM. If you have less than 4 packs then no change. If you have 2 Monitors for up to 6 packs then see new pack monitor description hereBM=BMapr1310

The folllowing codes are the last supported codes for those few V4s&V4+s that had the smart regulator monitor option installed. From this CAN version onwards, the B.Mon screen has been replaced by the PACKV screen.CAN=C4dec168 VIDEO=V4may028 USB=U4oct228 RELAY=R4mar138

The following code is used in the BL micro part of BMS+ when you have a high voltage lithium pack engaged via a contactor during READY. The OEM pack no longer gets house-charged. Use the standard BR code in the 2nd micro. Allows a much wider 195 to 236v range of end-voltages. Beta versionBL=BLP5

For early CAN-views:
    This code set is for earlier V3 CAN-views with the relay option for PHEV conversions. To make room for the relay code, some graphs were removed and the new MPG recording graph is not present in this version .

Both CAN and Video codes must be loaded, but the IE code has not changed. CAN=RCsep067 VIDEO=PVjul297 IE=CIapr296

This is an alternative Beta test set of codes for owners with V3 relay options. It restores the MPG graphs, adds Manzanita Micro battery monitoring functions and replaces vertical graphs with horizontal graphs. It will NOT however work with V1 or V2 CAN-views.

You must load both CAN and Video codes, but the IE code has not changed.CAN=NCsep067 VIDEO=NVjul097 IE=CIapr296

The following code set is for V1, 2 (and for V3 CAN-view owners who do NOT have the relay option). There are more graphs and an MPG recording graph is added.

You must load both CAN and Video codes, but the IE code has not changed.CAN=SCsep067 VIDEO=SVjul097 IE=CIapr296
    Copyright 1999-2002. Positive Software Corporation. All rights reserved

--
    CAN-view Downloads

17. lopezjm2001

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    [email protected] likes this.
  18. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And what do these do? Add?

-Tapatalk

19. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ok i found some info about this new code

its a important upgrade!!

CAN-view Downloads

!!!the 4 sets of new codes labeled XXoct162 below are to replace all previous codes because I screwed up when I previously added a new diagnostic message 554 from BMS+ and BMS2. A little-used Toyota diagnostic message also exists at 554 so CAN-views did not always display my message. This diagnostic message (which nobody yet uses) is now at CAN559 instead.!!!