1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Maintenance

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BlizzardPearlV, Mar 3, 2014.

1. BlizzardPearlV

BlizzardPearlV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Everyone,

I have a question I am curious about. I recently had my manual stolen out of my car after my wife left it unlocked. Luckily I had programmed most of my service intervals into nav computer so I can keep track of them. However I did have one question. I have not been taking the car to Toyota for its servicing. Its far too inconvinient (leaving the car there for the whole day) and I am perpetually arguing with them about not wanting them to do "their" servicing (ie: paying somone to check brake pads, grease door hinges ect. you know all the things they say they do yet don't do / check all the parts that are not covered under warranty to see if anything could possibly be squeezed out of you). I have been changing my own oil since I bought the car. Its just way easier and cheaper for me. With that said does the hybrid system require any servicing at any point. If I remember correctly the service manuals pretty much just having things listed like a normal vehicle for time intervals on different fluid changes, tire rotation etc. Now that I don't have the service intervals with the manual I am worried that I am going miss something important.

Cheers

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Canadian laws and warranties are different than they are in the US, but I suspect that there is not any major "hybrid" maintenance that needs to be attended to before the vehicle runs out of warranty.
    It's all basically fluids and filters out to 100,000 miles (160,000km.)
    In the US, you cannot under any circumstances be compelled to use the dealer to maintain your vehicle.
    Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Furthermore, the burden of proof is on the manufacturer for determining whether or not a repair is covered by the initial manufacturer warranty.
    You simply have to provide documentation that maintenance was done, and if you do it yourself???
    Then a log or some receipts will usually suffice.

I strongly suspect that Canada has similar laws.

I would call the dealer that sold you the wagon and ask them to replace both the maintenance documentation and the owner's manual. Tell them if they really want to impress you with Toyota customer Care?
    They can put them in the mail. :)

These materials may also be available on-line in Canada.

Good Luck!

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three