1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid pack removal & installation (easy peasy)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Albert Barbuto, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Albert Barbuto

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I've "manhandled" hv packs in and out of the vehicle, so I know what is involved. Recently I saw an old post here, where a member used two planks to remove and install the battery. So I tried the trick, when reinstalling the battery a few days ago. OMG.... It was so freaken easy I had to repost.

I had a 44 inch long 2 x 4. The battery slid down the board like magic, right to the perfect position, above the bolt holes. I placed my boot on the pack, and gently wiggled the board out. A slight nudge to the right to contact the air cooling ducts, and I was ready to bolt everything down. It was INSANELY easy......

Attached Files:

jerrymildred and fotomoto like this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I did that using a serendipitously sized piece of plywood. Didn't even need to remove the spare tire. Just slid it up onto the hatch lip and carried it to the workbench. I didn't think it was very heavy; just in an awkward position.

Merkey likes this.
  4. Albert Barbuto

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Love given to ALL 38 modules... :)