1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Synergy Drive & Integrated Motor Assist

Discussion in 'Honda/Acura Hybrids and EVs' started by bluetwo, Aug 23, 2009.

1. bluetwo

bluetwo Relevance is irrelevant

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've read a good bit here about the Hybrid Synergy Drive, or Toyota Hybrid System from the first gen Prius, and I owned a Civic Hybrid for a while so I'm familiar with the Integrated Motor Assist system.

There isn't a side by side comparison thread that I could find anyway, so to help people understand them it would be a good idea to start one up. We only have technical discussion on 3rd gen and 2nd gen (with a subforum for the 1st) so I decided to stick my thread here.

I specifically want to talk about the instrumentation. The IMA simply has Assist or Charge and a battery bars gauge if I remember right, and everything in between each state.

In reading the HSI thread here I found a lot more info on the HSD's instruments than on the IMA's: HSI
    Some of it can be a little confusing for non Prius owners.

2. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The 2010 Honda Insight has "ECO Assist" display.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid has different concept one.

[​IMG]

I thinks these display concepts as not directly related to their hybrid system, but they are based on manufacturer's engineering/design concepts.

Ken@Japan