1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid System Failure After Fenderbender

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by nvr2nxt, Dec 20, 2023.

1. nvr2nxt

nvr2nxt New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello,

I was involved in a minor fender bender and I rear-ended someone. Right after the accident, I turned off the car and nothing was wrong no warning light. After exchanging information with the other party, I started my car normal and started driving. Shortly after, I started getting a Hybrid System Failure error on my dash. I opened the hood and noticed that the front hood pinched the air filter housing and made a hole in it. I am wondering if the this error can be triggered due to air inflow directly from the hole and that's why I am getting this error or there may be something big? Your help in this regard will be really appreciated. Thank you!

Umer

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When you get warning lights on your dash it means an error code has been stored to explain what is broken. An auto parts store will read your error codes for free... But having an OBD2 reader in your glove box so you can use phone apps like Dr. Prius app or car scanner app may well mean you clearing an error code and posting a screenshot and then driving home to answers from us about best ways to fix the problem. Without an OBD2 you may well spend your whole day and night waiting for tow truck and then a ride home and then a call from the con artists at a Toyota Stealership the next day who want to convince you that your minor problem actually costs more than the value of the car and that you're in luck with their great new payment plan for a brand-new car that you can't afford.

PS: If you let us know what region in the USA you live, you may well find someone on here who will help you fix this right away for a super low price.

3. nvr2nxt

nvr2nxt New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have FIXD in my other car. I'll check if I can get the code. I live in Seattle, WA

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Well then you may well fix this one too. But the trouble codes or the DTCs will be a great help and forwarding that fixing in the cold much quicker or maybe you have a garage