1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid system malfunction, p lock, no start

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sabolscience, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Sabolscience

Sabolscience New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Ok. Spent a week or so an hour here and there trying to figure out what's going on. Started when I pulled out of drive. No engine start, check hybrid system notification. Turned around and parked in driveway and put it in park. Shut off and tried to restart. Plock message and check hybrid. Tried all reset methods, confirmed good battery, got to the point where all fuses had power except the 6 I circled. Whatever and wherever the switch or signal to allow power to these fuses is what I'm looking for I believe. Any advice?

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you might have to read the trouble codes

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here's buyer's guide for an inexpensive device that plugs into your car and connects to your phone via bluetooth: Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

Once you have that you can use Dr. Prius app or Car Scanner app or another option to read and clear error codes.

Come back to this post with those codes and we'll walk you through your repair options.

Pri3C likes this.
  4. Sabolscience

Sabolscience New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hey everyone. The starting issue was the battery. It tested fine however when a load was put on it apparently dropped a cell and would not allow the engine to engage. With that fixed the issue still remains where the 5 fuses (top most one circled does work) do not have power. Traction control light is on, airbag light on, bo power to stereo, no trunk open power, no dome lights. What the heck controls the power to those 5 fuses!! There has to be an inline something to say wake up...here's the power!

Attached Files:

5. Sabolscience

Sabolscience New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Oh and no codes show up on Dr. Prius or torque pro.