1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid system won’t start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Paul Schenck, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Paul Schenck

Paul Schenck Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After 560,000 miles I cannot blame my car for any of its problems. Two days ago it lost power almost as though it ran out of gas. The dash is still out, and my calculations may have been off, Couldn’t quite make it to the ️. A a quick code scan confirmed it.
    I pressed start and got it to move within 50ft of the ️ a push and I was there!!! Filled it with 11.9 gallons and pressed start. Hybrid wouldn’t start. checked the voltage and had 12 Volts Erased all the codes tried again, Failed, Noticed only one pip left on the hybrid display, tried one more time and resorted to a AAA Tow 6 miles home.
    Left it for two days as I was very busy. Today I emptied all of my tools out of the back, unplugged the two connectors on the 12 Volt battery. I Waited 60 seconds and plugged it in and started it. All is well, drove it for a ten mile test drive Electra is pressing onwards toward her new dash and 570,000 miles.

iPhone ?

jerrymildred, Skibob and SFO like this.
  2. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you press the start button twice without your foot on the brake does the fuel pump run also?

3. Paul Schenck

Paul Schenck Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I’ll test

iPhone ?