1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Hybrid Tech Interns Wanted

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Aug 19, 2015.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: AD #1683 – Audi Targets Tesla, Big Data Finds Parking Spots, Tacoma’s Sales Strong – Autoline Daily

TECH INTERNS WANTED
    While training for repairing and maintaining hybrid and electric vehicles has gained some steam, there’s still a need for qualified technicians in that field. And like any job, an internship is a great way to get your foot in the door. The Automotive Career Development Center, or ACDC is looking for two auto students over 18 to assist at their shop and training center. Not only does the internship provide housing and meals, but it also includes study books to keep, access to a fleet of hybrid cars and on-the-job training. The only cost is getting yourself to Massachusetts. I first learned of ACDC and founder, Craig Van Batenburg when doing research for an Autoline Garage and I can say not only are these guys passionate about what they do, but they’re also very knowledgeable and have resources you’d be hard pressed to find anywhere else. If interested, send an email to Craig with a resume and 100 words as to why you want the internship.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear this on the Daily podcast from Autoline Daily. Usually they have their heads stuck up an exhaust pipe so far they can't see a hybrid. But here is a short piece about one of the better, independent, hybrid training schools.

Owning an older, 2003 Prius, I am fully aware of how few independent hybrid shops exist. Worse, the dealer service centers have other priorities and often lack experience on these older cars. Self-maintenance is about the only way to keep them on the road.

Well I am over 18 (at 65) and love to turn a wrench. But we really need to share this opportunity with the youngsters. For us age-challenged owners, they also have self-paced, video training.

Bob Wilson

Robert Holt and austingreen like this.
  2. kiwi

kiwi Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Mate, there are other places as well.
    Although I am busy 24x7 having about 5 hours to sleep - I am inviting people to New Zealand and will always find time for a one day hands-on training on real batteries using proper testing equipment - my High Voltage Battery Analysers.

As for right now and up untill 30 Aug 15 I am running campaign to win Tesla Powerwall Battery - to be able to educate not only about Prius /Lexus/Camry batteries but also about Solar + Tesla Powerbank first hand as well

I am kindly asking you and Priuschat members to Vote for me in here:
    Future of Energy | Yury Botkov
    Vote with Facebook or email (Vote counts only after you clicked link in email received from Vector Energy) and please share with your networks. Voting cost you nothing - in return you'll get stats and reviews of that solution posted on my site.

New Zealand is the place to visit at least one time in your life. I can show you around here. Some photos are on my facebook page.

#2 kiwi, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015