1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybridfest 2007 Photos

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Jul 20, 2007.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Having a great time at Hybridfest...I think the 'fest' part is still going on, but I'm 'hangin' at the hotel with my son (he's sleeping) and resting up for the ongoing festing tomorrow. But, as an official photographer I'm been hammering away on the shutter release and uploaded day 1's photos to my flickr site for those interested.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/efusco/sets/72157600932471269/[​IMG]

The photo attached is Bill Kinney the MPG Challenge winner with 168mpg...just sick. I got 88.

MPG Challenge Scores. Those with a "P" are Prius, many of the rest are Insights, but a few are FEHs...the winning FEH hit 60mpg on the route...very good IMO.
    [​IMG]

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 20 2007, 08:14 PM) [snapback]482625[/snapback]</div>
    The only two on that list that I would have any chance at competing with would be Debbie Katz and Richard Kruegar. :p

3. ohershey

ohershey New Member

88mpg is certainly not slacking! :)

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for all the pictures, Evan. I'm sorry I'm missing it. :mellow:

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    nice photos... 101mpg? dang!

6. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Today we had the hybrid showcase and all the "at the fair" events. This was huge...seriously, huge. Ford, GM, Toyota all with large vehicle displays. Honda had a tiny booth...gotta feeling they'll be there with something bigger next year. I only had time to listen to a few of the speakers today, but all sounded quite good.

Since the cars were essentially on the midway of the fair we had a lot of foot traffic and interest. It was a very pleasant surprise to he just how much genuine interest passers-by showed. Once engaged it wasn't just a "how long will the battery last"...they had more questions that followed, they had clearly been thinking about hybrids and had formulated a lot of questions. Clearly there's nothing like a real owner/enthusiast to answer those questions. Toyota especially oughta send Eric, Linda, Bradlee, Bill, and the other organizers of this event a brand new Prius for free, I'm certain we (collectively) sold many hybrids today!

On that thought, I can't over emphasis the truly professional and top notch job those guys did putting this event together. This was a large multi-faceted event involving need to get vendors/sponsors, volunteers (85 of those), a bunch of PITA hybrid owners, insurance, communications, etc. all put together. They absolutely did an amazing job.

The Banquet was well done with decent (if typical) banquet food...must've been nearly 100 people there.

I'm actively uploading today's photos as we speak...there are a lot. I'll post a representative shot or two as soon as I get them up on the flickr site so you'll know they're all there.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Looks like everybody's having a great time. I was shocked it took like 100 pictures for Tony's blond mug to stick out.

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Jul 21 2007, 10:29 PM) [snapback]483030[/snapback]</div>
    There are more of him in today's photos.
    Danny, you've gotta get a PC booth up for next year. I bet you could arrange for volunteers to help man the site all day so you wouldn't be stuck alone there, but there were people scribbling down the web addy from the decal on my car...I had nothing to give them. Clean MPG had a decent booth up that got quite a lot of attention.

Photos are almost all uploaded folks...I know all 20,000 members are on pins and needles!

9. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok Day 2 photos are now up at the same address as in the Original post.
    "The Force" getting prepped for the Hybrid Showcase...he won the People's Choice award:
    [​IMG]

Horacio won Best in Show:
    [​IMG]

The Hymotion PHEV Prius conversion with a solar panel roof (to 12v only).
    [​IMG]

And PriusChat's very own sex symbol himself:
    [​IMG]

10. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How could I forget Galaxee and her DH....
    [​IMG]

11. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dogfriend @ Jul 20 2007, 11:56 PM) [snapback]482639[/snapback]</div>

yeah me too im getting like 50mpg :( so sad

12. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hybrid hate :angry:

[attachmentid=9989]

ok so maybe you can't see it, but some *^%$#(* decided it would be funny to take a key to the side of our car from the front door to the rear quarter panel.

13. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jul 22 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]483131[/snapback]</div>
    That's really scary. I was thinking of leaving the Zhang Heng unattended for a few hours at a custom car show while I went for a bike ride. Rethinking that.

14. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jul 22 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]483131[/snapback]</div>
    Man that sucks. People like this need to be shot or better yet have their hands cut off so they cant do it again.

Did you check with the hotel to see if they had any cameras?

Just in case you did not know a PT Cruiser had the same key job done on it.

I personally cant wait to get out of here. Not because of this but because I'm just tired. The only down side is I'm heading to Detroit for a Corvair convention. Wont make it back home until late Thursday.

Also very nice pics Evan. Cant wait to see the Hymotion pics.

I have videos of some of the speakers that I will be uploading when I get back home.

15. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    HTTP 404 Not Found

16. zqfmbg

zqfmbg New Member

The keying reminds me of something that has been fluttering through my head for awhile now.

It's been my experience that in California (or, at least, the SF area) people don't key cars. This is a bit shocking to me because in my hometown (out in the sticks in Canada) keying was a common occurrence, and every single new car my parents bought was keyed within a week. Heck, in high school, one guy had brought in his car with a brand new paint job on it so that he could work on it during auto class, and while it was there between periods, someone keyed it.

Right now, my Prius is scratchless. I'm planning on making a roadtrip to my hometown next month, and I'm wondering if while I'm there it'll get keyed. It would be a shame, but I guess one can't live in fear of those who key. :)

17. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's a great thought, but unfortunately, while I was outside talking with G, I was scanning the building, the light poles, the awnings, and all other permanent structures for any signs of surveillance cameras. They are either very well hidden or non-existent. I'm guessing the latter.

Oh good God I'm white!

18. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 20 2007, 10:14 PM) [snapback]482625[/snapback]</div>
    I downloaded all my photos to the Hybridfest laptop and didn't keep any. They should have over 1000 pix to sort through from everyone.

Nice to finally meet some of you. Great weather and how nice to actually talk to people who understand and care about hybrid cars. My daughter called it "geek fest". I may have t-shirts made up saying "Prius Geek, and proud of it!" :D

19. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

Looks like I missed a great time, except for what happened to Galaxee's car. I wish they would have caught the jerk. I just had someone two weeks ago shoot my truck with 12 bb's. They cracked the windshield and shot out the drivers window, and I have to have body work and paint done too, so I know how you feel.

Force you only got 90? Only kidding, better then I could have done.