1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybridfest 2007 Photos

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Jul 20, 2007.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jul 22 2007, 10:22 AM) [snapback]483131[/snapback]</div>
    I can assure you it was NOT a case of "Hybrid hate"

How do I know?

Because the car I was driving, a PT Cruiser parked in the next row in front of you, was keyed too.

Kind of an unpleasant ending to the weekend. Especially unpleasant since it was my in-laws car. They don't know it yet, and I don''t look forward to telling them tomorrow. They took my kids up to Minneapolis for a cousin's birthday party in my van while we finished running the show here today.

I think you guys ran into my wife in the lot as we were leaving at the end of the day.

I'm glad to know that the keying wasn't a personal thing against you, but an still an unpleasant thing for me after an INCREDIBLE weekend.

2. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jul 23 2007, 03:22 AM) [snapback]483131[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbecky @ Jul 23 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]483414[/snapback]</div>
    I've never been able to fathom senseless destruction like this.

So sorry guys, this must have tarnished what otherwise looks to have been a great event.
    I hope at some point you can put it far enough out of mind so that you will remember only the good bits.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    y'know, i thought that looked like becky checking out that cruiser. i'm so sorry, and yes i know how you feel :(

i was thinking about it, and i bet your car was parked directly behind ours and the person just keyed as he walked to the hotel. you can see the footsteps in our car.

sigh... well at least it wasn't targeting the hybrids. it still SUCKS.

4. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The poster who thought he could compete with Debbie in the MPG challenge should know that she was driving a Ford Escape Hybrid, not a Prius. Her numbers were way above the EPA for her car. Drivers were competing within their own car classes, and winners were determined by percentage over EPA numbers for their individual car.

Hybridfest was a great time had by all - fun to put faces with names I've seen online. Fiona was disappointed that she could not come (due to my still recovering knees), but she is proudly wearing her Hybridfest2007 decal and hopes to be there in "person" next year!

Congratulations (and thanks) to Eric and all others who worked on this great event!

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grandma Judy @ Jul 23 2007, 07:31 AM) [snapback]483565[/snapback]</div>
    Now that just makes me even more sad. :(
    :p

6. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Why is it that you can take great photos of Gal&DH (not hard to do), Tony in all his "brightness" and my best solo photos were of me sticking my hand where the sun don't shine in a Prius. You know I have a sensitive side, right now it's my right forearm.

Wayne

Who appreciated the pleasure of meeting you and Heath.

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i didn't mean to turn this into a downer thread, we were just pretty miffed at the whole damage to our car thing...

so i'm going to say that aside from that we had a WONDERFUL time at hybridfest- Eric and the rest of the coordinators did a great job in putting it all together and they deserve a hearty round of applause for all the work they did!

i'll post more when i have less than 2 dozen phone calls to make and about 3 places to run off to. :blink:

8. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Sorry to hear about the keying of the cars, one word sums it up
    it " SUCKS"

Evan, great camera work loved the different lens shots .
    And again, A big thanks to Wayne(FireEngineer) for the EBH install and getting me hooked on cheese curds :D

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I didn't get the opportunity to look at the pictures while I was at Hybridfest. But let me make it clear that Evan was all over the place with his camera. The result is an album of some great pictures capturing the scheduled events, organized displays, and the general comradery of the whole event.

<div align="center">
    Even though one or both of them will argue that this is not a good picture, these are the two people who deserve to be thanked as often as possible.
    [​IMG]
    Eric Powers who is the driving force and coordinator
    and his wife Becky who tolerates him and the long hours.
    </div>
    If you have not yet, please take a few minutes to provide your feedback. Contact info on the Hybridfest site is: [email protected] but I happen to know that [email protected] goes directly to Eric. SHHhhh don't tell anyone I gave his email out. ;)

10. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(N_IL_Priusfan @ Jul 22 2007, 09:03 PM) [snapback]483369[/snapback]</div>
    1000...probably closer to 2000, I turned in over 600 of my own.
    BTW, I'm actively uploading the remainder of my photos (another 240 or so), the vast majority are shots of the 1 1/2 hour installation of the Hymotion pack/conversion to plug-in. when you've got a lot of time on your hands do look them up, it's a really straight forward process to drop in that battery and hook it up.

There are also more detailed shots of Galaxee's car...I need to give them a special public 'thank you' for installing a shim on my right rear wheel to adjust the out-of-alignment toe. I'm super appreciative.

I'm exhausted from the weekend and the long trip home..and still gotta make supper and take my son to his ball game tonight.

11. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  12. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Great photos! :)

13. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Thanks Evan for posting all the wonderful photos. Next year I will know to put in for my vacation early so as not to miss out. It was hard sitting home this weekend knowing I would rather have been there. Your pics are the next best thing to being there.

14. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know this is not a Hybridfest picture but I thought some people might like it. I'm still out on my Hybridfest vacation and made a visit to the Henry Ford Museum that the Corviar convention took us to.

This is a pic of me in front of one of the last EV1 shells. Its located in the Henry Ford Museum. This place is very cool. It has just about everything you could think of. Trains, planes, cars, steam engines, toys, old furniture and other things. Well worth to go to it if your in the area.

The EV1 was of course stuck in the corner of the building out of the way hoping no one would find it. Luckily for me I actually when through the whole museum. :D Man these things look great in person! I wanted to sneak it out and I would have if the car was functional.

My Hybridfest pics will come when I get home to process them.

[attachmentid=10091]

Attached Files:

15. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Fo those of you that took a drive in the Prius simulator did you know they took your picture? If you still have you seed packet go to http://www.toyota.com/highway and put in your access code. There you will have access to your picture.

This is me.
    [​IMG]

16. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK I finally got my pictures uploaded. Not much but there are a few nice ones on there.

Hybridfest 07
    http://www.jaygroh.com/sitepics/hybridfest07/index.htm

Here are some pictures I took after Hybridfest when I went to the Corvair convention in Detroit. Went to see the Henry Ford museum, Corvair convention, Ypsilanti automotive museum, and GM Heritage museum. The GM and Ford museum had an EV1 on display. I actually open the door on the one in the GM museum because it was unlocked. :ph34r: What could I say I wanted to drive it away. :D In fear of getting caught I decided to ask one of the workers there if he could pop the hood open. He did so I quickly got some shots of the innards. The guy said all it was missing was the batteries. Anyone want to go on a <strike>auto theft</strike> rescue mission with me? :D

http://www.jaygroh.com/sitepics/corvair07/index.htm