1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybridfest 2007 Registration is Now Open

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by honoreitiscom, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Jim, Very funny. I was wondering about that after I posted it. <Open mouth, insert foot. ;)>
    Of course I look forward to meeting everyone.

As far as flying in, for those that fly into Madison and stay at the Clarion hotel, there is a free shuttle between the airport and the hotel.

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    oh geez, i didn't even see that post [blush]

ok, if we make it, we will. we've got almost 3 months to get stuff worked out. maybe that's enough time :blink: :lol:

3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ericbecky @ Apr 30 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]432777[/snapback]</div>
    I know that. Actually, given the choice of meeting a middle-aged, slightly overweight, semi-redneck or a young, attractive, intelligent, articulate, and always-helpful-with-Prius-questions future PhD, it's a no-brainer. :)

4. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm really considering it. I'd love to meet a lot of you in person. Can anyone help me with figuring out accommodations? I'd want to be nearby, and CHEAP is definitely important! Thanks!

Peace --

5. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjflowers @ May 5 2007, 03:06 PM) [snapback]436140[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Marjflowers,
    The wife and I are going to the Hybridfest and have checked out a few hotels in the area we used hotels.com and since we have a dog we generally use Red Roof Inns cost is 70.00 a night for Fri and Sat.
    The Red roof is 8-12 miles from the fairgrounds depending on the route you take.

The other hotel was Super8 it was 67.00 for Fri & Sat. night but we have had better service from the RRInn.

They are booking quite fast so I would recommend reserving a place soon.
    hope that helps

chk out the hotels .com and hotels r us web sites for rates

6. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjflowers @ May 5 2007, 04:06 PM) [snapback]436140[/snapback]</div>
    priussoris is right on track as far as prices.

The hotel that Hybridfest has negotiated a special rate with is the Clarion Suites Madison Central which is adjacent to the Fairgrounds. The rate is $94, a discount from the $119 rate which is shown on Travelocity. (See more about it on the "Where to stay" page on the Hybridfest web site.)
    While it isn't the least expensive, it is convenient.

The least expensive option would be to go camping. I know of at least one attendee that is doing that. Capital Springs State Park is the closest. It is situated on a road that was part of last year Hybridfest MPG Challenge route. Total cost depends on your choice of sites and residency status.

The least expensive hotel that shows up on Travelocity in Madison today is $67 and is ~ 8-10 miles from the Fairgrounds
    67 Red Roof
    70 Extend Stay America West
    72 Econo Lodge
    79 Days Inn
    . . .etc

One last option for you, if you are comfortable with it, is to try Priceline.com. I have seen 3* hotels in Madison go for $45 - $65 a night + fees. (Hotels like the Sheraton or the Concourse Hotel downtown. Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza on the east side.) You have plenty of time to place/adjust your bid between now and July.

7. gkalkas

gkalkas New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Peg and I'll be coming. But have to miss Friday as she can't get off work. Too bad cause I love ice cream! Good idea, Delta Flyer, about the name tags, but I already signed up.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

8. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i thought i posted this in another thread, but hell. we'll be there for sunday's events. can't make it for friday or saturday though.

we'll be tired but we'll be there :p

9. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Say hello for everyone for me, Gal. I'll stay here and take care of the East Coast.

10. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(honoreitiscom @ Mar 12 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]404411[/snapback]</div>
    I'm coming and volunteered for several things since I don't know anyone. Hopefully I will meet a lot of you! :D

11. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think Danny is working on some things that should make it easy for us PCrs to pick one another out at the 'Fest. Maybe a few goodies too. Only about a month away...I'm looking forward to meeting all you folks that will be there.

12. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jun 16 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]463224[/snapback]</div>
    People have the option of including their screen name on their name tag. (I plan to.)

On the registration form it says
    "Name as you want it to appear on your member ID badge (i.e. first name, nickname, or screen name etc.)"

13. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Wife and I became members will be there ( with EBH in hand) oh Wayne :D

14. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Jun 22 2007, 08:29 PM) [snapback]466682[/snapback]</div>
    I'm all warmed up Craig, c'mon up.

Wayne

15. orracle

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Jun 23 2007, 11:06 PM) [snapback]467119[/snapback]</div>
    Since people coming a long way need you I won't take up your time that weekend. You can visit me and Tony in Gurnee some time and I'll buy lunch. :D

16. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(N_IL_Priusfan @ Jun 28 2007, 01:40 PM) [snapback]469549[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not going just for the cheese curds, bother me any time.

Wayne

17. orracle

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FireEngineer @ Jun 28 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]469563[/snapback]</div>
    Of course you gotta have a beer an' a brat wit' the curds, yah, hey? :lol:

18. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Well, I have been to WI. before but never heard "cheese curds" before so I had to look them up
    http://www.doorbell.net/tlr/cheesecd.htm

I have been to Block Cheese company , Wayne Block was the Owner there. We bought 55 gal. drums of scrap cheddar, now your thinking why 55 gal. drums of scrap cheese. well it was for making catfish bait when I was younger and worked at Bush Wildlife Area.

So now cheese curds sound pretty good, but agree a cold NA beer to go with. :D

19. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    mmmMMM... cheez curds... how i miss them. can't wait to come home. oh yeah and hybridfest too :p

we will actually make it there for saturday afternoon, after a bit of rescheduling and such. looking forward to meeting folks! :)

20. MAGgrey07

MAGgrey07 New Member

PLanning on coming up- wasnt for sure until today- registration is closed but oh-well I'll have my 07 mag-gray package 6 in the lot somewhere :)