1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybridfest 2008 Registration is Open!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Apr 12, 2008.

1. ibcs

ibcs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got mine in the mail today too.

Per the instructions, I sent in a list of modifications to my 2006 Prius for the car show on Saturday. I think I will be leaving work earlier on Friday. Can't wait to get to Madison.

---Kent

2. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    eep, I'm leaving *tomorrow* so if you mailed my chits then there's
    no way I'm gonna get 'em. If you did, can you create a duplicate
    set I can pick up Thursday or whenever? [I just found this
    thread, so I had no idea]
    _H*

3. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Got ours today, too and was very happy to change hubby's from "waiting list" to 2008 Prius!:bounce:

4. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hobbit,
    I knew you were leaving early so I'm holding yours here at HF headquarters.

I'll be seeing you on Thursday and Friday, so I'll give it to you personally.

Glad to hear everyone is receiving their stuff.
    The first batch went out Saturday.
    The rest went out today.

Neicy,
    I held yours safely here at HF headquarters as well. I'll have it available at check in on Friday for ya'.

5. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    awesome, thanks. On the road early AM tomorrow!
    _H*

6. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well if your staying at the Days Inn you may want to call and confirm your reservation. I just called and they found my reservation after 10 minutes. I made the reservation for a non-smoking 2 queen bed room at the $77.00 rate (see my earlier post). Now I'm being told that my reservation is for a non-smoking 1 queen bed but at the rate for 2 queen beds of $77.00. The girl then offered to have a roll-a-way bed put in the room, I'm sure my two teens would love to share a roll-a-way. My other alternative was a room with two queen beds which is a smoking room (there are 3 left). I told her I wanted a 2 queen bed room that was non-smoking, as my original reservation had been.

Looks like an arguement will be ensuing. I am sensitive to smoke so a smoking room is out of the question. And I'm specifically bringing my kids, as I did last year. So if I can't get my room at the Days Inn then I expect them to "walk" me to another hotel of equal or better accomodations. Or I'll just "commute" to do the installs I promised...and go home. This is crazy, I didn't have this much trouble on 10,000 miles of travel for my block heater installs.

Wayne

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, great..... Guess I better call, gotta have 2 beds with the entire family and a smoking room will NOT be acceptible.
    --evan

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, I'm in good shape...2 queen non-smokings 18th&19th. Was on hold for 5 minutes, but at least they have it.

9. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wayne,
    If there is a problem with your room when you arrive, please let me know.
    My family will gladly swap rooms with you.

We have two queen beds.

I will be speaking with Steve the manager in the morning.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

EDIT: Wayne. I am at the hotel right now. You are now set up with a two queen non-smoking room. I sent you an email as well, please reply as soon as you can.

10. orracle

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How many people are registered as of today?

I am now getting quite concerned about the hotel.:pray:

11. freshmtt

freshmtt Dachshund Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Did you call back and check your reservation?, I called just the other day and they found mine right away no problems at all, so just give them a call and double check they still have you down.

I'm getting very excited,, I can't wait to get out of work today :high5:. When I get home the dogs and my daughter are going to Grandpa's and Grandma's place and I will wash my Prius, pack my stuff and get to sleep early tonight. I decided to leave very early in the morning around 6am since I decided to take the long way up to Madison. I'm going to bypass I-294 and I-90 and take I-80 and I-39 all the way up to Madison. I usually take this way to Rockford as it is a nice and peaceful drive, hardly any traffic once you get onto I-39 North. This route will take me much longer than the 3 hours if I were to take I-294 all the way up to Wisconsin. But I noticed that I-39/I-90 goes right into Madison.

I already printed out all my directions and maps to the tinting shop, the hotel and the park and fairgrounds. I can't wait :biggrin1:

12. orracle

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We're only a couple of hours away but we're going to take non-expressway roads and try to enjoy the drive. (and maybe bump up the mileage):car:

13. Huntceet

Huntceet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I often take 80 to 39 to go up to Madison to visit my sister. There's some construction on 39/90 just north of Rockford but it's still two lanes each way.
    I'm leaving tomorrow morning 4:30 ~ 5:00. Get up to Madison to have breakfast with the sister before she has to go to class. See you all at Olin Turville park around noon.

Rod

14. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm hanging out in Oswego, IL with my relatives for the day and will head up in time for the MPG challenge in the morning. Not sure how the family will deal with being locked up in the fair grounds all day Saturday, but everyone's excited about the events.

15. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's the latest weather forcast...not looking too great at this point, but hopefully we'll get the MPG challenge done before the weather hits tomorrow:

• Tonight: Partly to mostly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. Low 71F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
    • Tomorrow: Mixed clouds and sun with scattered thunderstorms. High near 80F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
    • Tomorrow night: Showers and thundershowers likely. Low 67F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    • Saturday: Variable clouds with showers and scattered thunderstorms. High 76F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    • Sunday: Showers, maybe a rumble of thunder. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 60s.

16. geeky teacher

geeky teacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    We'll be joining the Illinois parade up 39 & 90 and hope to greet many of you in the hotel lobby before you head for the Park. We're happy that the only smoke that might get into our room will be from a cozy little campfire in a state park. Those thunderstorms that they're predicting will be so isolated and scattered that they'll completely miss Madison. (fingers crossed)

17. ibcs

ibcs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    On my way to Hybridfest 2008. See you guys later tonight.

---Kent

18. scoop

scoop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I received this partial press release for a sat feed release to the media. Hybridfest must be getting some good press. Richard Fox 5 Atlanta.

Hi Richard,

Each year enthusiasts of hybrids and other “green†vehicles gather to swap information and view the latest technology at Hybridfest. Billed as “A Hybrid Electric Car Show and More,†the event promotes awareness and understanding of hybrid electric automobiles. This year mileage obsessed drivers, called Hypermilers, will put their vehicles to the test in the 2008 Hybridfest MPG Challenge. For more on the largest Hybrid event in the country see below. We will be feeding this story three times tomorrow and again on Monday in our daily windows. It will also be up on Pathfire. As always hardcopy tapes are available.

Thanks!

- Nicola

Hybridfest 2008 Lights Up

Largest Hybrid Car Event Features Showcases, Exhibits, Hypermilers and More

Each year enthusiasts of hybrids and other “green†vehicles gather to swap information and view the latest technology at Hybridfest. Billed as “A Hybrid Electric Car Show and More,†the event promotes awareness and understanding of hybrid electric automobiles. Important issues such as climate change, air quality, and the need for sustainable transportation are addressed by car manufacturers, environmental groups and various vendors.

This year mileage obsessed drivers, called Hypermilers, will put their vehicles to the test in the 2008 Hybridfest MPG Challenge. Fuel economy will be recorded as drivers make their way across the country to the event. The driver who arrives with the best percentage over the EPA's estimates will earn bragging rights and have their Hybrid displayed.

19. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So is this a feed for BUD owners? C-Band, KU, Analog, Digital, in the clear or encrypted network feed?

Not that it would make any difference to me because....

1. I cannot control my BUD remotely.
    2. I don't have my BUD hooked up to anything that can record remotely.

20. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Say, has anybody spotted Bob Wilson and family at HybridFest?

I was expecting to meet him on his way up to Madison to complete a sale,
    but they never called or showed, and I'm hoping they're ok. (Maybe they were
    delayed and didn't want to call me at 3am or something.)

-Chap