1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrids are the hottest on highway

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Cacti, Jul 9, 2008.

1. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The words rural and city are opposite so how can you drive in rural areas and call it city miles?
    From Wikipedia
    Rural areas (also referred to as "the country," and/or "the countryside") are settled places outside towns and cities.
    A city is an urban settlement.

I drive each work day from the South of Adelaide's metro area, that is the southern end of the bit of South Australia where the population is reasonably close, you know where there aren't farms, and I drive to the northern suburbs, a total of about 34 kilometres (do your own conversion), through 40 sets of traffic lights and back each day. I call that city driving. 0 freeway, 0 highway, highest speed limit is 80km/h for 2 or 3 kilometres.

2. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No conversion needed for me. I grew up using only metric for everything. I can't even think distance in feet. Meters make much more sense in my head.

I still think your "mile" is shorter (if you catch my drift) :)

3. GCBloke

GCBloke New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Heh heh... Converting to American! Man, you need to challenge our brains somehow... Would love to stay off the freeway, but I'm not going to drive to Boston on back-roads!!! Prefer to see the countryside from my (pedal) bike! Cheers!

4. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've seen a picture of Pat. I'm not gonna call his "mile" any shorter than mine! But Pat may not understand that our city and other streets and roads are not designed to actually get anywhere very well. We use superhiways for that! :rolleyes: