1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrids going out of style

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by alexstarfire, Mar 28, 2007.

1. acdii

acdii Active Member

Take what you hear on the news with a spoonful of sugar, most are biased one way or the other and only report on what would scare people, or what they consider to be right. It is mainly based on opinion and rarely on facts. I stopped listening to the news quite a while ago, and stroies like this just make me laugh.

2. clintd555

clintd555 New Member

I think as gas prices soar to $3 a gallon, the Prius will become even more "in style" than they are currently and will stay that way for a long time. :)

3. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A couple of quick headlines:

http://www.cnybj.com/fullstory.cfm?article...n=frontpage.cfm

Hybrid-vehicle sales keep gaining ground nationwide

...In February 2007, total hybrid vehicle sales nationwide rose 52 percent from the previous February to more than 22,998 units, according to the GCC...

http://www.helenair.com/articles/2007/04/0...01040707_02.txt

Toyota’s gains bolster U.S. sales in March

The best monthly sales performance ever for Toyota and gains by fellow Japanese automakers Honda and Nissan helped the industry in March top last year’s best month for U.S. sales despite declines by GM, Ford and DaimlerChrysler...

4. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boulder Bum @ Apr 14 2007, 02:18 AM) [snapback]423168[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I guess that just proves the fashion cycle is getting shorter and shorter. What was out of style two months ago is back now.

Pretty soon we'll have to check every morning to find out if Hybrids are in or out for the day.

5. ozyran

ozyran New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alexstarfire @ Mar 28 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]413558[/snapback]</div>
    Not to dig up an old thread, but I just had to throw in my two cents.

Tell your friend that today someone offered to do an even trade: his 2004 Ford F-250 SuperCab 4x4 (automatic transmission, equipped with the 5.4L Triton V-8) in mint condition - not even a scratch in the bed - for my 2002 Toyota Prius :D

Hearing that made me feel good. Saying that your car managed 134 miles on 3 gallons of gas really turns some heads!

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LazyBear @ Apr 1 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]416125[/snapback]</div>
    SUV's are vehicles which are normally driven and marketed as passenger cars...but, due to some aspect(s) of their construction, are not legally classified as "automobiles" by the Federal Government.

You'll know one if it rear-ends you and its 'off road tough' bumper (which does not conform to automotive bumper height regulations) overrides yours and causes excess damage to your vehicle (and raises all of our rates in the process).

Does that help?

7. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ Apr 2 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]416790[/snapback]</div>
    Because I believe California has the toughest emissions standards anywhere, and the bladder was introduced in an effort to lower emissions as much as possible. They wanted all Prius in the US to comply with California standards, and they omitted it in other countries because (I'm sure) of cost, and that fact than an unbladdered Prius WOULD meet emissions standards in other countries.