1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Hybrids to combat pollution and global warming

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by MikeDee, Dec 12, 2019.

1. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My point was that adding Stop-Start to eliminate unnecessary engine idling does not require going to full hybrid, nor does is cost thousands as OP asserted. Stop-Start is now a standard feature of all US-market Foresters, and it did not push the price up by $US-thousands:

2. MikeDee

MikeDee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I rented a Chevy a couple of years ago with a stop start system. It worked less than half the time, as I recall.

iPhone ? Pro

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not too mention way less sick and elderly would die... It's so infuriating the way people will poison everything around them sitting in their car on their phone with their engine running for long periods of time.

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    There is some cargo space lost according European specs, but less than what older Camry hybrids lost in the trunk.

My parent's RDX seemed to turn off at every stop with the AC set to auto. Though a Malibu we test drove didn't. Condition of the 12volt battery and climate settings seem to be the main influences on how often the system activates. Newer ones starting to come out shut the engine during coasting; not just when stopped.