1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hymotion Battery Rebuild or Removal

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Chuck W, Aug 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Chuck W

Chuck W New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Good morning,

I have a chance to buy a 2008 Prius with a non-charging Hymotion battery in it. The person driving it grew tired of plugging it in and I think the batteries died from non-use. My questions: Is there anyone who rebuilds these batteries, what would the cost be or is it possibly to remove the Hymotion battery and just leave the existing traction battery?

Thanks for

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lithium batteries are less susceptible to failure through non-use compared to regular NIMH hybrid batteries. I'd buy it and try to figure if you can still make use of it. Maybe a a fuse or circuit blew and that's the problem? And if all else fails, anyone familiar with stock Prius hybrid battery work will be able to figure out how to pull it and restore the car back to regular style... Who knows maybe somebody on Prius Chat will by it?

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Give @ericbecky a call (click here, click the "Information" button then scroll down to his signature to get his details).

He knows about these Hymotion beasts. He is always happy to chat on the phone and give help/advice.

Skibob and Raytheeagle like this.