1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hymotion Conversion Removal

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Chuck W, Apr 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Chuck W

Chuck W New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hymotion Conversion Removal - I have a chance to buy a 2008 Prius that had the Hymotion A123 Conversion installed from my work. I work for an electric coop and we had the battery installed to make the Prius a PHEV. Needless to say, after the first few years, the person driving it failed to keep it plugged in and the batteries of the add on pack are not responding. I get the 14 blink error code when the Hymotion system is switched on. I am thinking about buying this and removing the add on pack.....for several reasons, weight reduction and being able to have someone work on it should I need service. (Our Toyota dealer won't work on it with the conversion.) Has anyone removed the A123 battery or have any other thoughts about this project? Or perhaps a cheap way to restore and/or replace the cells in the A123 battery? The car is in central Kentucky.

SFO likes this.
  2. Francisco Enciso

Francisco Enciso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Chuck looks like nobody read your message.
    I'm in the same situation with a prius 2007 with 70K miles, the hymotion system is not working, the difference is that I'm getting 11 blinks instead of 14.
    I'll like to fix the problem or get the system off the car.
    I'm in southern California. Is there a place in this area to service these systems? or somebody has a procedure to remove the pack from the car? please give us some advice, we really need it.
    Thanks in advance for any help provided.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    pm member eric becky, i think he knows a thing or two about them

4. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I read his message. Since I know nothing about them I didn’t answer. That system is few and far between these days. Don’t just assume no one saw it.