1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hymotion Kit - Who owns one ???

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by overlap, Aug 20, 2010.

1. overlap

overlap Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi. If you have a Hymotion Kit (very cool) I would like to ask you a couple questions.

Do you also have a ScanGaugeII and what is the maximum AMPs that you see "charging" your Prius NiMH battery when say it's at 220v and you are parked in the "ON" position? Do you see >= 25 AMPs?

If that method is not how the A123/Hymotion works such as it only dumps AMPs when the traction motor is under load, do you have a measure of the AMPs from the Hymotion to the Prius?

Do you know the voltage of the A123 Battery Pack? (For example, the Enginer Kit's is 48v.)

Does your Hymotion have a DC-to-DC converter and step-up the A123 battery voltage to 200-and-something volts? (I think it must.)

Have you tried to add additional after-market batteries to the Hymotion? (Jury rig).

Hope to hear from you.

2. linuxpenguin

linuxpenguin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I never really paid any attention to this so I dont know for sure what the charge rate is. I do know if the stock battery's SOC is below 55% the Hyotion battery wont charge it. When its charging I dont think its that high but I could be wrong.

The Hymotion battery can supply about 30-35A.

The sticker on the side says nominal voltage is 188V

Yes

No one is out of warranty yet so dont expect to see anything like that for at least another year or two. My plan is if I cant convert the Prius to all electric and the Hymotion battery wont hold a good charge I will try to upgrade the Hymotion system with some batteries from CALB.

4. overlap

overlap Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Great sheet and effort and help for the community.

An important addition would be to identity CAN and other integration and specifically the purpose, overview, and detailed packet level analysis. And the next step to investigate and identify how these changes can be done using external methods.