1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hypermilers may need to Initialize...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Blind Guy, Jun 14, 2009.

1. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I use an Accuguage and it IS accurate. Except in the winter, when I have to put it inside my coat to warm it up first. Otherwise it just reads "LO". :) Poor gauge, doesn't like being at -20C.

When I got mine there wasn't a good selection available. That's changed now, so make sure you get one with about a 45 deg. angle on the end. Mine is 90 deg. and is a royal pain to get on the valve without leaking.

1 person likes this.
  2. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Er - I know I could go outside and get the manual out of the car - but maybe someone could tell me off-hand - how do you reinitialize the TPMS? I didn't see a button under the steering column like the 2006 has.

Thanks,
    Dave

3. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  4. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    [​IMG]

The TPMS "Set" button is on the left. The button on the right is for disengaging the Pre-Collision system that is found in the Advanced Tech Package available on the Prius V.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  5. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Another reason to initialize if you pump your tires up, I would think the handling of your car would be seriously compromised if you had say 44 psig all around except for the front corner where your tire had dropped to 25 and not yet set off the sensor. While the tires are probably OK to a point if all of them are equally low, having just one significantly lower than the others could cause over or understeer issues depending if it's on the front or the rear.

6. greylar

greylar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Page 435:
    1. Park the vehicle in safe place and turn the "POWER" switch OFF. While the vehicle is moving, initialization is not performed.
    2. Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level.
    3. Turn the "POWER" switch to ON mode.
    4. Push and hold the tire pressure warning reset switch until the tire warning light blinks slowly 3 times.
    5. Wait for a few minutes with on the ON mode, and then turn the "POWER" switch OFF.

G