1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Hyundai Santa Fe PHEV Confirmed for Europe, Likely For US Too

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, May 27, 2020.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hyundai Santa Fe Plug-In Hybrid confirmed for Europe, likely for US

John321 and ShenmueTacos like this.
  2. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We recently bought a 2020 Santa Fe.

Hyundai packs a ton of value in these vehicles. It will be fascinating to see the price point Hyundai brings to the Hybrid market in the Santa Fe package.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Honestly, I thought there'd be more discussion on this. It's taking aim at the 2nd largest SUV market (After the compact SUV market).

John321 likes this.
  4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    People here rather talk about the Rav4p. Many seem unaware that that Hyundai had two generations of hybrid Sonatas out before the Ioniq and Niro arrived.

John321 likes this.
  5. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I appreciated you posting this article.

Having articles on new development in the Electric car and PHEV markets is interesting.

It makes Prius Chat a fascinating Forum where you can keep up with developments from all manufacturers.

In the past year I have learned to be brand blind and value focused when purchasing big ticket items like cars. Many previous unknown makers are really putting out value packed vehicles with features that are hard to imagine at fantastic prices and winning JD Power Quality and Reliability Awards in the process

For the first time in 40 years I bought a vehicle that wasn't a Toyota and then bought another vehicle that wasn't one. To top it off both vehicles were purchased through an internet buying service. A wonderful pleasant way to buy a vehicle where the stress is all on the Dealers try to outbid each other for your business. I do not think I will ever allow myself to be held hostage by a Brand or a Dealer again.
    If a car Dealer wants my business they had better bring the value and their lowest possible price to the table (my home computer).

I am not knocking Toyota or Toyota Vehicles at all. They are a great Manufacturer who makes simply outstanding vehicles. It is fun though to open yourself up to different options and make value based decisions based on your families situation rather than lock yourself in to one brand or dealer.

#5 John321, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Trollbait, Tideland Prius and DavidA like this.