1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I’m changing my brake actuator, does anyone have the official guide?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by BrianStranded, Sep 28, 2023.

1. C-in-DC

C-in-DC Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Third option is in this one.

I just went to service function after going through diagnose etc.

The correct way is going to Give you an option that reads something like " bleed after brake actuator or master cylinder replacement. " or new brake actuator. You gotta select that bleeding because it will get rid of the code you have.

Of all the repairs I've done on the car, this by far is the most gratifying. Those freaking lights on the dashboard drove me insane. Hope you get it to work soon.

#61 C-in-DC, Oct 6, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
  2. BrianStranded

BrianStranded Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nice youve been ridiculously helpful. I tried with an iphone first and it failed, my previous fail screen was that iPhone attempt. I have my grandma’s android now and Im gonna try that soon as I’m home on this drive from houston

3. BrianStranded

BrianStranded Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Oh. My. God. It smart worked!!!!

I did the 2nd option you posted, what a maze you have to go thru! Now my car is braking like normal with NO LIGHTS! I can’t thank you enough.

My iPhone didnt work, I used a Galaxy A11. I purchased the first Thinkdiag. I scanned the vin (this was crucial because it caused a Toyota specific download), then I went ABS, special features, chose “Europe or other”, then air bleed, and I followed the steps. The first time it didnt work because I forgot to plug in the brake fluid reservoir connector.

ASRDogman and C-in-DC like this.
  4. C-in-DC

C-in-DC Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    great to hear. I bet you understand the Darth Vader reference now.

BrianStranded likes this.