1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am getting codes C1241 + P0300 + p0301 + p0302

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by goodMXguy, Jun 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. goodMXguy

goodMXguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I am getting codes C1241 + P0300 + p0301 + p0302 on my Toyota Prius 2007. Symtomps= Car rattles or stumbles at the end of breaking and recently also when parked once the motor kicked in.

I am thinking that the Possible problems are
    ignition coil
    Cilinder 1 & 2?
    Head Gasket needs clean
    Spark plugs

Possible solutions
    chevron fuel injector cleaner
    MAF sensor cleaning
    plugs and ignition coil,
    fuel injector? (not sure what to do about it)
    head gasket cleaning
    Replace the PVC valve
    throttle body cleaning.

I am doing today the spark plugs, PCV valve (just because it´s in the same area), MFA cleaning of the sensor, and throttle body cleaning. Code C1241 is new, so I am a bit confused... Any pointers?

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How many miles on this vehicle?

Which OBD2 device are you using to read the codes with?

You've peaked my interest by mentioning "head gasket cleaning" o_O

Here is the work up for C1241 : https://share.qclt.com/%E4%B8%B0%E7%94%B0%E6%99%AE%E7%91%9E%E6%96%AF%E5%8E%9F%E5%8E%82%E8%8B%B1%E6%96%87%E6%89%8B%E5%86%8Cpdf%E6%A0%BC%E5%BC%8F/Prius%20Service%20Manuals%202004/%E4%BF%AE%E7%90%86%E6%89%8B%E5%86%8C/04pruisr/05/21avn/cic12414.pdf

Tip: In the above PDF, the different 'detailed code'(s) for DTC C1241 are subcodes (81,82,83,84), also known as INF(s). Make sure your OBD2 reader has the ability to provide an associated INF (if it exists) for a primary DTC. Having both DTCs and any subcodes (INFs) make tracking down a problem that much easier :whistle:

goodMXguy, Raytheeagle and JC91006 like this.
  3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Start with the plugs, see how things go. Use denso or ngk brand.

If problem still there, swap the coils with the other 2 good cylinders.

If problem still there, look at the injectors

goodMXguy likes this.
  4. goodMXguy

goodMXguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    SFO and JC91006. Thanks for replying. The car has <120K miles. It's used so I don't know the care it received before I bought it 3 years ago. I had to change a break pad, the 12 V battery, and the infamous pump then. It has been a good car since until now.

I used the Advance AutoParts scanner, brand Actron. I am buying a ELM 327 enhanced and I am planning to pair it with torque pro. I don't know about primary DTC or INF though, I couldn't find anything about it doing a quick search. Any recommendations?

Yesterday, I did the spark plugs and PCV valve replacement, and MFA and throttle body sensor cleaning. I also change the order of the coils-cylinders just to see if the codes come back.

After I was done, the car was having the engine running extra fast than usual, (perhaps because I pressed on the gas few times before starting the car?). I looked at other forums and Patrick W. recommended to power down ECUs to allow for normal idle speed. I did this and also checked the status of the 12V battery. Long story short, it seems back to normal (yay!). The check engine light got cleared with the reset and hasn't reappeared. I am going to drive a longer distance tomorrow and I will find out more about this. Thanks again to both of you!!! You guys make it possible for lay people to work on their own cars, know more about cars, and save some money on simple to moderate repairs. Thanks.

P.S. How do you look at the injectors?

SFO likes this.