1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am going solar

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by usbseawolf2000, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Jan Treur

Jan Treur Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How can you avoid shading by cleaning of panels?? Maybe you mean cleaning your garden by cutting trees?
    Please tell us your secret, we all want to double our production.

lensovet likes this.
  2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    home.png
    Being prepared since last snow fall season, I bought a roof rake with a 24' extension pole. It does reach almost all my installed panels.
    Then, after snowing, I froze my but and expent few hours cleaning the panels little by little, trying to expose as much PV surface as I could.
    Then, I got a severe cold......The tell of the story is you have to invest sweat equity if you want more PV production.
    Right after spring time, I go to the roof, I wash the panels with a soft brush, to remove all existing pollen with a soapy solution and then I rinse the glass panels with a mix of water and rain-X.

3. Jan Treur

Jan Treur Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. LasVegasaurusRex

LasVegasaurusRex Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    really kicking myself for not going solar, i didn't know warren buffet was pushing legislation through our state.....