1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am looking to come back to the fold, is cat theft worth passing Prius by?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by priustexasbob, Oct 2, 2023.

1. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    duplicate

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's a little more expensive than that when you consider that if you plug somebody for a property crime, they're going to take your firearm and the rest of the ammo, you are going to face charges requiring lawyers and perhaps bonding out, you might find yourself unemployed AND unemployable, AND there's the moral wounding effect.
    That means If you only fire one shot, killing one person, EVEN in a righteous shoot - that's still one dead and one wounded.

ukulelegeek likes this.
  3. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Mr.Vanvandenburg Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    How about no American government justice system for us? Then as expected someone starts talking about a self defense situation in home invasions. A person can’t shoot thieves and trespassers at will. A poor young woman was shot in a car just because they pulled into the wrong driveway. The man is being prosecuted, there are laws against citizens doing that to others. He fought the police too. Apparently he thought his opinions overrule law.

ukulelegeek likes this.
  4. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    So you are saying the Capitol invasion could have been stopped cheaply? I agree in that case. They did spend one $1.03. Far worse than any home invasion. The perpetrators stating they want to terminate the vp and others, even having a place to do it on the front lawn. How about the poor woman killed in the car because they pulled into the wrong driveway, does the $1.03 solution work there? Actually self defense has always been a part of law, but not arbitrary vigilante justice. Then there wouldn’t be a country with laws, just whoever is the biggest bully takes over.

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Stand your ground in many jurisdictions doesn't just apply to a thug that broke into your house to violate your family. you could be out shopping .... or someone chopping your catalytic converter out of your driveway & you shout hey get out of here - causing him and his buddies to run at you with knives.

For $13 month you can buy a policy that protects you when you make that righteous shot;

https://www.pewpewguru.com/the-best-3-liability-insurance-products-for-gun-owners-and-concealed-carriers/#:~:text=The%20policies%20aim%20to%20help,per%20month%2C%20or%20%24549.95%20annually.

That way - when the 3rd striker, rap sheet longer than my 6'-5" frame - dead thug's mother tries to civily sue you, you're good to go - as well as defense from leftist DA's.

A stand your ground policy can be had for a tad less if you're a member of NAGR (National nice person's for Gun Richts) or even the less effectively active gun owner's group - NRA.

Another protective action is to just move out of that scuzzy area where such things happen more frequently

6. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Prepaid lawyers are nearly ALWAYS a rip - unless you're an international corporation - OR - a privately armed citizen, in which case I'd strongly recommend one of the orgs listed above.

Fortunately, I live in a rural southern town where certain illegal activities are not encouraged, so I forego the prepaid representation.
    -perhaps NOT a wise choice in these modern times.

Catnapping is NOT a capital offence, nor should it be.
    Period.
    NO car, nor property is worth a human life.
    Period.

If somebody 'produces' a knife....

Well....the number one rule in a knife fight is the same as the number one rule in a gunfight.
    -try not to have one.

The number two rule is pretty obvious.... ;)

That isn't this.
    Home invasions are not the same as Prius cat-napping, unless you sleep in your garage and the cat-nappers break into your 'house' to saw off your cat - which they nearly NEVER do.
    Home invasions are just that, and there's no 'duty to retreat' if you're already in your bedroom even if your bedroom in in the garage - NOT uncommon as one might believe in 'these modern times."

Simple trespassing is NOT a justification to use deadly force - nor should it be.
    EVER!
    Conflating simple trespassing with a home invasion is probably beyond the scope of this discussion - to say the least.

#46 ETC(SS), Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  7. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  8. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I thought I responded to shooting thieves and trespassers, no particulars were given. Nothing about home invasion and self defense. So I agree with you. Property thieves and wanderers can’t be just shot by vigilantes. Death sentences are for police and courts, like it or not. I read cat thieves are not the angels we may think, they also can shoot, and may have no problem attacking witnesses, like criminals do.