1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am picking up my 06 today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kinged, Nov 23, 2005.

1. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

Not a problem. I thought it was a free download or something. I totally respect all Copyrights and privacy. Thanks.

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Hey, man, relax and enjoy your Thanksgiving and your new sweetheart! The orphans (definition: guys with Priuses ordered or wannabes who have nothing better to do than sit around and watch their wives cook while playing on their computers :lol: ) here can wait for pictures. Catch a nap if you didn't sleep enough. (Did you sleep in the Prius? :rolleyes: )

Don't mind us---salivating---whining---groveling---twitching---we'll be OK.

*twitch*

3. Harper

Harper New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

For the love of Thanksgiving....WHERE. ARE. THE. PICS? Gobble Gobble!! :D

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Numerous posters reported, on older threads, that they sent their applications in before receiving the license plates. The VIN is sufficient for the DMV to process the requests and issue the stickers.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you download anything other than the manual I would download New Car Features (NCF) It goes beyond the owners manual and explains the system. The shop manual is good but it is truly a reference book(s). New Car Features can be read like a text book and give you a great deal of back ground on the car. The most interesting thing that I read was a suggestion in the section on the vehicle stability control that the car not only uses the breaking systems to control a skid but also modifies the steering systems as well. It is an interesting read.

6. kinged

kinged New Member

Ok, here are some pics. I hope it works

Attached Files:

7. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Oh man! ............:p

8. OUscarb

OUscarb Member

Thanks!.. I'm glad the cassette deck is gone. It really cleans up the dash look!

OUscarb

9. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Excellent! Thanks.

The closeup of the left front fender gives the best view we've seen of both the "refreshed" headlight, and the new "hybrid" emblem (a little overkill, for my money :eek: )

Do you have a traffic jam in your driveway? ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, Kinged.

10. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

I ordered mine early September. The first shipment of cars arrives the second week of December at my dealer, so I could potentially get it then. Just waiting for my CPA to get back to me on the tax implications.

11. kpauley

kpauley New Member

Yes, this is true. I have my stickers already, still don't have my plates....

12. kinged

kinged New Member

Wow, I will send in my application to DMV tomorrow. I hope they won't turn me down. Thanks

I pop in CD-Rs with MP3s and they work well. I wish it can play DVDs because CDs has smaller capacity. I will need to get a short audio cable because the axu port in armrest compartment does not provide the input for my MP3 player.

The name of folder and song shows up on the display. Unfortunately, the manual states name of the folder will not show up during driving. That will be very disappointing if it is true.

The amount of features is a little overwhelming at this point.

13. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

You have a nice lookin' car... heh.

14. lee

lee New Member

Very nice! I think that it's amusing that you picked up a new silver '06 yesterday and I pick up a new silver '05 tomorrow. Something's just wrong with that, isn't it?

Sure, I'm saving well over $2K (they offered to boost my trade-in to significantly more than blue book if I got an '05 and an '05 with navigation is over a thousand cheaper than a similarly equipped '06), but I can't help be a little jealous of the new features like tire pressure monitoring, the better navigation display, MP3/WMA capability etc.

Enjoy your new car, and have a happy Thanksgiving!

Lee

P.S. It's amazing how enthusiastic everyone here is about their Prius's, especially considering that they are considered economy cars. I also frequent a Porsche Boxster bulletin board, and I see about the same level of enthusiasm there.

15. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I ordered a black package 8 from Longo back in September. I wonder if they are gonna call me soon!!! OOOOOH I hope so! I am dying here!!!! :lol:

16. StarBrite310

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Ahhh I just realized that that's the new silver!!! It's gorgeous!!!!!!! :D

17. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I suggest you don't send the HOV application in yet. Here's the situation:

Longo has several days (up to either 20 or 30, I think) to send the paperwork to DMV. They must validate information such as any lienholder before sending the paperwork in. I don't know about Longo in particular, but most large dealers have one or more DMV clerks who handle this. Once it is mailed to a DMV office, that office can take 7 to 10 work days to enter into the system. If that office is backed up, they can send to another office or Sacramento to enter the information, and that increases the time.

In a parallel path, when you send the HOV application in, it goes to the Special Processing Unit. I have been told it takes roughly 2 weeks for them to process your application. If they get to your application and your VIN is not already in the system, they will reject your application and send it back to you. If the VIN is already in the system, they will process it even though your application did not have a plate number written in.

The safest thing for you to do is first verify exactly when Longo sends your paperwork into DMV, wait a few days and call DMV daily to see if the VIN is in the system. You will lose a bit of time this way, but otherwise, you are taking a chance that the application will be rejected.

The only other consideration that may cause you to gamble a bit is anticipating when the DMV will reach the 50,000 mark when they will stop and evaluate the HOV usage and decide if they will continue to the 75,000 limit.

18. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wait, the AUX input is in the armrest? Cool....

More pics!!! :)

19. StarBrite310

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    All the new colors are now up at Toyota.com

The red actually looks kinda cute....

20. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    niiice!

I still haven't figured out what that break is between the indicator and the headlight in the headlight compound. Does it do anything? Are there lights in there?