1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am picking up my 06 today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kinged, Nov 23, 2005.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    yea.. looks like frost or condensation on that rear shot.

2. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

What color grey is that... is there just beige and grey.. or are theyre two "shades" of grey to choose from.

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    According to Toyota's page there is only one shade of grey leather but I see what you mean. It does seem lighter than what I was expecting based on toytoa's image. Still looks great! Wish my region was getting leather :angry:

4. QED

QED New Member

Good pics. Open shade is the best to photograph the car.

WOW :D I really like the look of the leather.

And the other goodies......WOW

I may have to switch to a package 8! ;)

5. acousticbiker

acousticbiker New Member

kinged, thanks for taking the time to post so many pictures and help those of us waiting for our 06s! Congratulations on a great looking vehicle. I, too, am blown away for the MFDs screen resolution. I have a few questions:

1. Can you view the rear camera image at any time or only in reverse? It would be nice to use when changing lanes, etc. Do you think it helps in eliminating the blind spot?

2. It's interesting to me that the AUX input is in the center console. Is there a place to rest your MP3 player, iPod, Treo, etc with it plugged in? Sounds a bit inconvenient in that I would think many of us would have our players out, maybe on a dash mount or something.

3. The dash material looks interesting, textured. Is it pretty much plastic-like? Or does is it soft at all?

Thanks again for giving us something to get excited about!

6. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I agree.. it does look nice... but I think I will stick with beige.. mostly cause I've had that same color of grey in my cherekee the last 9 years of driving.

Have you checked into finding out how close to your area you can get leather and order from there?... ask a broker to find it for you is the easiest... they can be looked up in the phone book. A good dealer may do it for you, but most don't want the extra hassle.... besides you'll get what you want with a broker and even after the expense of getting the car will end up cheaper than a dealer in most cases.

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I see the foglights!
    I also notice that the front pics look pointy?... maybe the 05 is that way too, but does it look more pointy like a bullet when viewing the nose of the car for aerodynamics, or is it just the pics?

8. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

I've a feeling, or just made myself believe, that if I cancel now with my local dealer and go to say PA or more south that I'll be far back on the list and will wait until after January and I am not willing to wait that long... Now if Toyota had done the right thing and told us all what was going on eariler in the game I'd have gone out of state where the leather was being offered... Toyota has the upper hand becuase they are making a car that they are selling quicker than they can build and the dealerships for the most part won't go that extra mile since they will sell the car no matter who it is to. So someone who wants what they dont have is more of a hassle to them than anything else... Oh well, I guess I'll have to deal with the fabric but I just don't like fabric after having leather in my past 4 cars...

Anyways, thanks again for posing up the pics kinged. I was especially waiting to see an up close of that hybrid side badge for a while. Good luck with the car!

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I see your point.... I do hear the aftermarket leather is really nice too.... Mavbe you should start scouting that out now?
    It looks like the diff between package #7 and 8 is about 1100.00 going by memory.... I think its pretty close to the aftermarket price... you may be able to negotiate price a bit by explaining that your shopping for the future and it will be a few weeks yet.
    You also may have alot more options on color too!... even wait till you get your car and fine tune your choice based on your interior colors!

10. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm pretty set on black with grey interior... actually its firmly set lol. I think thats another thing thay may make finding one hard, im sure that'll be a popular combo in an 8.

I heard good things about the port installed leather but as someone else told me dealer installed or dealer contracted leather places can be miserable... And after dealing with my dealership and honestly seeing how too many businesses are ran around here on SI I don't want to give them my business. I'm sure if I live with the fabric for a while I'll not mind it its just a mind thing... My friend got an 04' and I have to admit I think the prius has one of the nicest fabric interiors I've seen. Almost felt like suede to me when I first saw/felt it...

11. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    No I never recommend going through the dealer if poss.. simply because too often the guys doing the work aren't too customer sensitive for service because they always deal with the dealer and they know theres plenty more work where that came from.

I would get the yellow pages or internet and ask as many questions as possible... some of your best leads may from repair shops or mechanics etc... even ask the auto parts shops in your area.... ask from someone who will not make a buck to be dishonest with you...or is not in bed with the leather installers.

I bet you can get what you want and have a pleasurable experience if you dig around just a bit.

12. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    From the look of the map on the navigation screen, it would appear that I was in your neighborhood, yesterday, for the Thanksgiving meal.

:)

13. lordmakemeworthy

lordmakemeworthy New Member

Thankyou Kinged in LA, Disabled vet here in snow/salt in Minnesota. Your nice pictures have convinced me to upgrade to a package 8 also. Hope you enjoy your car and it was kind of you to post some pictures.

:)

14. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Anyone else notice that the gearshift indicator is on the left side of the digital speedometer, and the fuel gauge is on the right now?!

Weird! Why did they choose to change that...

15. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah I noticed that too. I wonder what the other words in the driver and passenger dash areas say...

16. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think on the passenger side it says passenger airbag, probably one of them on/off lights for the pass airbag... Not sure if the 05's had that though.

I noticed some time ago about the shifter and gas gauge being switched around... Couldnt think then of why they did that and still can't.

17. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

Yippeee and congratulations on your 06. So if you pick up an 06 in 05 do you qualify for any of Federal tax deductions?

18. mchinta

mchinta New Member

Thanks Kinged for the postings of those nice pictures. Appreciate your help to see what is in stock for our future coming vehicle. Enjoy your car.

19. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I believe so.... the law talks about purchasing a qualified hybrid and gives its terms based on when the purchase is..... not what year the vehicle is.

20. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    There is only one Federal tax break in effect until 12/31/05. It applies to '06s as well as '05s. It is a $2K deduction from your adjusted income. For most taxpayers it results in an actual tax benefit of around $600.