1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I am picking up my 06 today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kinged, Nov 23, 2005.

1. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

That little circle panel in the front of the car just kills me...what the heck?

I've read that it's for towing the Prius or something.

I'm just gonna tell everyone it's where you plug it in...every hour!

kinged...thanks sooo much for your info and pics man!
    That was really nice of you to do for all of us.

I bet you're just beaming with pride...and you should be, very nice car dude! Enjoy!

A very patient future 06 owner,

Aaron

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Yeah, among the iron goodies back where your spare is, is a screw-in "eye bolt". The hole is behind the circular cut-out.

You could always mount a .22 rifle behind the hole and shoot out a tire on a car whose driver fails to give a left-hand turn signal. :angry:

3. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Anyone notice the rear-view camera image on the screen is actually reversed, or a mirror imagae of what the camera "sees". Toyota thinks of everything.
    Thus what you see on the right hand side of the screen while looking forward is to your right REAR.
    But a normal camera image looking rearward would not naturaly give such a perspective.
    If this doesn't make sense consider this....If looking rearward, like the camera does, the licensec plate is to the left of the camera, but in the image it's to the right. Just as it is when you are looking forward. :D
    [​IMG]

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've always dreamed of a nice rocket laucher....
    But your much nicer than me I suppose! :huh: <_< :p

5. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks again kinged! Keep us up to date with anything else you discover with your new car! Including any other pics you might want to take. Thanks for addressing all of our questions!

6. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

That seems about right. If it were different, people would get highly confused as they are used to the way the rear view mirror works.

7. kinged

kinged New Member

Q: Thanks for the NAV info! Now, if I could get just one more thing... could you photograph the coverage screens and post them to the link below? Whether the coverage is the same or not, I'd love to see an '06 represented in that post. Also, there is a small question of what database they used, as you show a 5.01, and I have a 5.1. But even if they are the same, it'd be cool to have an '06 represented.

A:
    I will post more pics relate to this later. But I believe my screen looks exactly the same. The pictures you posted, are those from 05 prius or from lexus?

I will post more pictures later today.

8. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Thanks! The pictures I posted are from my August '05 Prius. It is accepted knowledge that the NAV is the same as the Lexus, although I have seen different part numbers on their v5.1 disks. In any case, it will nice to see the '06 coverage maps, if for no other reason than to see how they look on your much nicer MFD. B)

9. kinged

kinged New Member

more pics

the map version is .05.1, it is identicial to prius 05, my previous post about it being .05.01 was a mistake
    Aux mode
    MP3 mode
    Ign-on

Attached Files:

10. kinged

kinged New Member

11. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just a guess, but maybe they decided to cut costs and use the same display for RHD and LHD Priuses? When I was in Japan for Tokyo Motor Show, I saw that Yazaki (a parts maker and apparently the maker of the instrument cluster for the Prius) had a Prius cluster w/the gas gauge on the right.

I've included an attachment (warning to modem users, it's large and unreduced off my digital camera).

12. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks for all the pictures, and for answering all those questions, kinged! And a big huge congratulations on picking up your brand new 2006 Prius! :)

13. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Guess that'll teach ya to bring home the first car of the model year to a bunch of yapping dogs like us, huh?

Give that man one hundred Classic PriusChat bonus points. B)

14. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

so new grained plastic on the dash is not any bit soft at all, it is still hard plastic, just grained now? thanks!

15. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    That's a bit disappointing... I mean making it soft to the touch at least gives it the appeal a $30k+ after taxes car should have when you get a pkg #8...

16. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

WOW! I am in lust! The backup cam, the leather seats... & especially the new & improved interior textured grain! It's so beautiful. Thanks for the pics!

17. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Oh no I want one of the cannons with spent uranium slugs used in the Warthog. Imaging how that would slice through a production Hummer!!
    :ph34r:

18. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    People still use those things?? :eek:

19. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yea....I think I'm with you on that one..... <_<
    But some cars have metal.. I think thats worse. I guess at least the plastic should be very durable and another means to keep weight light.

20. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I do not know, my dads got a Matrix and I just hate how cheap it feels... I know its nothing we can change, but small things like that I wish they wouldnt cheap out on. I'm sure once we have out cars though, its not really going to matter. We're just going to be so happy to finally have it! :lol: